This is going to be a VERY INTERESTING

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is going to be a VERY INTERESTING

4 years. I just hope I'm not in any "hot zones" when the $#%T hits the fan.......PI$$ING of the Intelligence Agencies/Community & now the Military.

I remember hearing Monday that Trump, with high ranking Republicans present, signed some Executive Orders, and that one was a Federal hiring freeze. I didn't pay much attention, until I just saw an e-mail, from an employee (he's a Veteran). He pointed out that the Executive Order affects the Veterans & they are ****ED -
    1. It freezes pay for hundreds of thousands of Veterans.
    2. It shuts tens of thousands of Veterans out of a job.
    - The Federal workforce is 31% veterans, meaning roughly 623,000 veterans depend on federal jobs & pay.
    - This neutralizes Obama’s 2009 Executive Order (Veterans Employment Initiative), which instructed federal agencies to identify & employ qualified veterans for job openings.

3. So far it has blocked the VA from hiring doctors, nurses, therapists and social workers, for which there are openings.

*Not surprising. Republicans have no problem sending Americans to fight their BS "wars", but when they come back, they're on their own.

It's crazy, but late last year I was at a meeting, and during a break I had a discussion with 2 veterans (from Missouri/enlisted 1979 & Texas/enlisted 1982). During the conversation, they informed me that they voted for Trump and McCain & Romney before that. My response was, "but Obama is a PRO Veteran President. I can understand if you didn't support him in '08, but by '12 you knew he was FOR you guys." They agreed and even told me that no U.S. president had done more for Veterans - education, jobs, health care and supporting Veteran families. Once again I asked, "so why didn't you vote for him?" - one looked at me with a blank stare & shrugged his shoulders, and the other just smiled.
    Last edited by USAF; January 25, 2017, 02:48 AM.

Bush cut federal workers and made them contractors, some without benefits.

For all these nice sounding phrase it will cause a lot of problems. That is the problem with Trump. Nothing is fully thought through. He will end sanctuary cities. What does that mean? No federal dollars for NY, LA and other cities that voted against him?
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Usaf

Why did they vote for him , were any of them white .....juss asking ?
      Last edited by Sir X; January 25, 2017, 10:22 AM.
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Working...
      X