Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gwaan Bartlett

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/n...ty-400m-budget
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Don't know the details. But maybe sending prospective students overseas to attend the best university training could be cheaper.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Wonder why HEART Academy couldn't have been the vehicle for doing this?
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

No HEART is really supervisory and trade, not really structure for management training. UWI have a management school, and UTECH but applicants are limited.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

$400 million HL? How many students can you send to foreign for 4 years wid that???? Remember we talking Jamaican money.

Comment

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...itality-school

Comment

[QUOTE=Assasin;571887]$400 million HL? How many students can you send to foreign for 4 years wid that???? Remember

I won't argue.

A major part of that kind of training is gaining overseas experience of the industry.

Sometimes it is good to see things out of the Jamaican universe.

But Ed knows best. We do not have access to the information he sees everyday.

I wish him and the tourism industry all the best. His efforts put food on thousands of Jamaicans.
              Last edited by HL; January 13, 2017, 12:41 AM.
              The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

another way around is to carry some of industry best to Jamaica as guest lecturers. cost less.

Not saying training abroad is not good but if it run locally you can have more students.

There is also the US summer work program that you could get some of these students in.

Comment

Working...
                X