RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jamaica is a good place for cheap labor.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamaica is a good place for cheap labor.....

...like China.......

Even better than the latter because of proximity.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Not really as cheap but with target industries we can be a middle income earner easily as we don't have a huge population. Mexico and central american countries and Haiti will beat us everytime with lower wages but we can take advantage of been close, been English speaking and have a strong culture regardless what they say some good schools(although we need to make some a lot better).
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Not as cheap as it may seem when all costs are factored in. Security and theft still some of the big problems. However we have bmade good progress in other areas like communication technology and reducing business disruptions.

China's wage costs have been steadily rising, the cheap labor kings these days are places like Bangladesh and Cambodia. Remember a lot of these countries allow child labor.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Jamaica is unionized too so cheap ... A bit but ....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

That's exactly the weak point in outside investments.

Unions hold jamaica back.

Unions have outlive their usefulness.

HL

Comment

De people dem fi just work fi free,then after enough time at that, you can have the employees start paying the employers.
            Management vs employees, the union is vital.

Comment

union is vital but they have to be up with the time. Not like how certain union run companies like good year. They want to study how German unions work to build a good nation. The badmanism and the stickup thing can't work.

What union need to fight for is profit sharing, bonus and ownership so workers can be compensated and be productive.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

What happened at GoodYear is the perfect example of unions doing
                More harm than good. Lambert Brown would not give an inch, mek some bad man talk bout cut management throat.

Morant Bay has never been the same since that plant left. I think they would likely have eventually left anyway but UAWU made it a much easier decision for them.
                "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

One good thing happen recently and kiddos to Bartlett and Dr.Mcneil, tourism workers now has pension. These the kind of things unions need to fight for but I guess it doesn't pay for the unions.

Comment

Assasin, unions have outlived their usefulness. .......?..

Another example of union working against jobs is the Hanes factory in Hanover that closed.

HL

Comment

Working...
                    X