Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obamacare

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-n...220-story.html
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Well of course if the government is subsidizing more people then it will be more affordable to them. Nothing special about that.

The problem is the runaway cost to those not subsidized and the government who has to pay for those ever rising premiums for those subsidized. The hope was that Obamacare would have controlled the rapid rise in health care premiums by increasing competition and increasing the insured pool, but it hasn't worked out that way.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Dass right Assasin.

My premium has nearly doubled this year.

There must be a better way.

Happy for those who receive the subsidy.
      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

It is a difficult problem to solve HL. Both technically difficult and politically difficult.
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

My solution is to shop around for a better deal.

Or maybe I should just wait--since Trump promised a superior health care plan that will be better than Obamacare.......

HL

Comment

HL although it double, how much were you paying before Obamacare, you may have forgotten.

One of the reason you are paying hire is stated in the article as Governors like yours decided against buying in.

Not saying it is perfect but better than anything that was there before. Healthcare on a whole keep rising, mine rose by 30 percent and I am not on Obamacare. The Obamacare plan was more expensive.

Iman it subside yes. but it is up to government plan on that. Sure you are not implying to cut insurance from 20 mil, as most of those are hard working people.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Nobody wants people to lose insurance, but the reality is that the approach Obamacare has taken has not been successful in controlling healthcare costs.

Even if it is not repealed it is in danger of collapsing because insurance companies are pulling out of the exchanges, reducing the options available to people and making premiums even more expensive. It is a major problem.

Comment

Get rid of the insurance companies.

Then all health care transactions should be between the patient and the doctor.

Darnit HL....you are soooo clever

HL

Comment

that is why I supported a public option. You don't see conservatives in Canada or Britain trying to overturn it, they realize it is a way of life, not just a political football.
                  It also means companies don't have to offer healthcare so that cost could be off their books, more profit.

Comment

Working...
                  X