• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Makes no sense being big and rich....

...and cant breath.....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b03904470a7675
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Might be coming to the US soon when the Trump administration repeals all the environmental laws.

Just get a gas mask and keep watching the Dow soar above 20,000!
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Yes, it' s the DOW over 20,000 that is quite amazing!!

Drastically pulled back from market investments. Somehow I do not feel any regret...since I am 100% responsible for any gains or loss.

Hope Trump can match what Obama has done--since these gains are under his admin.

HL

Comment

Good move. With interest rates going up..equity free ride is ovah!

Comment

It is going to be very interesting to see how things work out with a panel of billionaires running the economy and setting economic policy.

The investor class have always claimed that lower taxes and less regulation will make them invest more and the economy will have much higher growth, well now lets see how that works out.
          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

That has been tested before. Trickle down don't work!

Remember Ronald Regan?

HL

Comment

Well, many would say it worked quite well under Reagan. Unemployment and inflation was way down from the Carter years, GDP growth was way up. The price paid was a much higher deficit which didn't go away until Clinton took office.

If Reagan could have run a third term he would have won in a landslide again.

Comment

Dem will do what is in their nature...fatten dem pockets some more. Who watches the Watcher?

The real question no one wants to answer is...what will it take to TRULY drive Capital Investment???

Comment

Again, what will it take to TRULY drive Capex?

Trickle down has too much temptation to stuff the pockets with no real risk taken on.

How to get the risk/potential reward balance right?

Comment

That is indeed the question, it is a delicate balance to find.

I have no issue with the capitalists making a lot of money but surely there needs to be acknowledgement that there is some responsibility to the society that allows you to do that. How can it be that someone like Trump can find ways to pay no income taxes for years and it is not seen as an unacceptable thing. He can actually brag about it while running for President. That is just incredible to me.

Comment

Clinton and Obama years show when you expand the middle class (regardless what they say, as we know how many middle class job he created) it provides a more spending power which leads to economic growth. Trying to do it from the supply side can have the opposite effect. The house is too stack with billionaires.
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Obama expanded the middle class? Where?

The American middle class continued to decline in the Obama/Clinton years. Most of the jobs created have been low paying service jobs, inequality has increased and most of the benefits have gone to the top. That's not by any means Obamas fault but let's be honest and accept that he wasn't able to do anything to reverse that.

Comment

Don't look at the numbers. look at the recession and what it did to the middle class. How many in the middle class was jobless, brinking on poverty and look at the unemployment rate today and tell me that is not expansion. Look at Obama number over his 8 years and you will see expansion by putting people to work, growing the economy and equity markets.

Bill Clinton left the US with more house ownership and very good employment rate, and larger middle class than when he took it from Daddy bush with America teethering on recession. Don't look at the straight arrow. Pay is definately not going up, but what status did Obama and Clinton get it.

What do you define as middleclass? when you talk about low paying jobs. I-man if you expand the economy most of it will go to the top, Yes more policies that could be put in place but Americans don't want it. The investor class will always get the benefit.
                          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                          X