Sean Kingston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sean Kingston

Anyone know of this artiste? I listen to a particular radio station here in KC and they are just pushing a song by him where he is singing about his girl making him "Sooicidal". I am wondering if he is enjoying similar airplay in other parts of the country and in Jamaica? I really do not like that song at all.
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Wow. I thought I was the only one who did not like the song.

Everybody else in the world seems to love it.

Comment

I think that song is plain awful. I hope it does not grow on me. I hear it's getting a lot of play in New York and in Florida, and some silly Rising Stars performer actually sang it hoping to win voters! Yikes!

He is supposed to be Jamaican. I'm hoping nutten nuh guh suh!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
        Anyone know of this artiste? I listen to a particular radio station here in KC and they are just pushing a song by him where he is singing about his girl making him "Sooicidal". I am wondering if he is enjoying similar airplay in other parts of the country and in Jamaica? I really do not like that song at all.
        Saw the music video... good ting dem nevah use a white gyal...

Oddah dan dat.. him a sing bout real tings...

Comment

Yeah man, this youth is blowing big time getting heavy rotation on Florida's radio stations and I know in NY for sure too because the video is on MTV a lot. I like the song a lot, very catchy and I believe that this youth is full of potential. Maybe a remix version of Biggie Smalls with lots of Reggae influences, afterall he was born in Kingston, Jamaica and moved to Miami at the tender age of 6. He is now sixteen and from what I heard, he has been through a lot which you will hear in his music. I am backing this kid to be big in the entertainment biz as he already is in size...he has massive crossover quality.

Comment

Yow Mo, wha unnu a chat bout? Mi cyaan believe seh unnu no like da youth ya. Trust mi, the song will grow on you fi real.

Comment

Still nuh like da song deh. Had to endure it twice on my way home from work as I was listening for an announcement on the radio. I could not believe they played the song twice in less than an hour on the same station.
              "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Sensi, yo have it back ways, born in Miami and rasied in Jamaica. Even though I'm not fond of him, he has already sold 900,000 ring tones and he gets 50 cents for each so do the math, also gets about 12 stacks per show, so he's already set for life.

Look like Kartel need fi improve him myspace page, cuz i cyaa understand wha kinda gimmicks bizniz JR Roten a gwan wid.
                Karl commenting on Maschaeroni's sending off, "Getting sent off like that is anti-TEAM!
                Terrible decision by the player!":busshead::Laugh&roll::Laugh&roll::eek::La ugh&roll:

Comment

Tilla,

This tune is big...it is getting plenty airplay in T&T as well in Toronto from where i just returned.

I heard the yout' interviewed by Ryan Seacrest on some radio show while I was in Canada...sounds like he has his goals set right and has some talent for songwriting...his voice aint that graeat but in pop music that's not necessary.

He is supposedly related to buju banton, (nephew or something). His mom is/was in jail in the US so he has not had an easy go it would appear.

My problem with this tune is when I hear my eight year old singing the chorus... I want my yutes to know that noboddy mus mek yuh feel like dat...nobaddy! my older son (13) know de tune by heart... I actually use the song though to discuss feelings that are appropriate for a youth or anyone for that matter. "Suicidal" just don't cut it for me as an option when heartbroken.

pr
                  Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
                    Tilla,

This tune is big...it is getting plenty airplay in T&T as well in Toronto from where i just returned.

I heard the yout' interviewed by Ryan Seacrest on some radio show while I was in Canada...sounds like he has his goals set right and has some talent for songwriting...his voice aint that graeat but in pop music that's not necessary.

He is supposedly related to buju banton, (nephew or something). His mom is/was in jail in the US so he has not had an easy go it would appear.

My problem with this tune is when I hear my eight year old singing the chorus... I want my yutes to know that noboddy mus mek yuh feel like dat...nobaddy! my older son (13) know de tune by heart... I actually use the song though to discuss feelings that are appropriate for a youth or anyone for that matter. "Suicidal" just don't cut it for me as an option when heartbroken.

pr
                    A gyal nevah mek yuh feel suicidal ?

Comment

"Suicidal" just don't cut it for me as an option when heartbroken.
                      I think that is the issue I have with the song apart from the fact that I do not like his voice. I don't think he can sing, but it is certainly popular.

To think you are suicidal because of affairs of the heart does not say much about you as a person. Women want strong men, both physically and emotionally (financially to if you think about it ). Women don't men who are going to crumble and want to create suicide at the least sign of trouble.

I will sympathize with his situation and praise him for the way he has picked himself up. I cannot say that I will find myself humming that song or want to listen to it in its entirety anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
                        I think that is the issue I have with the song apart from the fact that I do not like his voice. I don't think he can sing, but it is certainly popular.

To think you are suicidal because of affairs of the heart does not say much about you as a person. Women want strong men, both physically and emotionally (financially to if you think about it ). Women don't men who are going to crumble and want to create suicide at the least sign of trouble.

I will sympathize with his situation and praise him for the way he has picked himself up. I cannot say that I will find myself humming that song or want to listen to it in its entirety anytime soon.
                        Hmmm.. sounds like a story needs telling...

Comment

Trust mi Yuttie, the youth born in Kingston, Jamaica and moved to Miami at age 6. Check yuh facts again bredrin.

Comment

Heard on radio today that the single was the #2 song in the country. His CD is supposed to be released in a week or so.

Comment

It getting major air play in toronto on main stream radio. He is supposedly buju nephew and Jack Ruby grandson.. Some deh seh.. I too hate that song.. The idea of a girl having someone suicidal, especially with little kids walking aroud singing it.

Comment

Working...
                              X