Race over, Peter Phillips is the next PNP President

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Race over, Peter Phillips is the next PNP President

In the ensuing period, I have held a series of consultations with the Parliamentary and local government leadership, and have concluded that a large majority feels that “it is Cde. Peter Phillips’ turn”.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...-PNP-president
    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Interesting, I guess he realized he couldn't win and didn't see the point in putting himself and the party through it. Well Phillips is certainly competent but I felt his time had come and gone.

Perhaps he will be a placeholder president, getting the party through this transition to the next generation of leaders.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
      Interesting, I guess he realized he couldn't win and didn't see the point in putting himself and the party through it. Well Phillips is certainly competent but I felt his time had come and gone.

Perhaps he will be a placeholder president, getting the party through this transition to the next generation of leaders.
      Phillip is indeed competent but can he win a general election? Don't forget that Phillips most recent action was to tax everything in sight.
      The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Bunting is a nearly man and a coward. 'It Peter Phillips time' is not exactly a ringing endorsement t that he is the best man for the job.

Once again they are forcing a candidate on the masses. The delegates gave Portia an overwhelming endorsement to co to us as head of the party yet she and the party were rejected twice in less than one year! What dem need, a road map?

The old style is being phased out .... I would encourage youngsters to mount a challenge ....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I would encourage youngster to mount it on the platform of constitutional change of representation I.e democratic dictatorship and taxation.
          THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

No party delegate has the slightest interest in any of that.

It's mostly about loyalty, dedication to party ideology and putting in years of work for the cause. Then you can present a personal vision that is simple to understand and explain in short video clips and social media messages.
            Last edited by Islandman; December 13, 2016, 07:58 AM.
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Thanks Island we are screwed for a long,long,long,long time.
              THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

don't know if handing it to Dr. Phillips is good at nearly 70 year old. I believe getting youths involved, giving them a voice and a chance make for stronger political parties. Leadership races are vital as usual youth is never seen as ready enough, they always have to "wait their time" or take it. Sometimes too much respect is given, just remember this is politics.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

True,but it is a little more complicated than that,its choice has to be a candidate that will be elected.I was never into that visual stimulatiing thingy,the face ,if young ,signaling a rebirth.Heather Robinson is old yet her her perspective would be a welcome change ..
                  Lisa did twi things(well three if we were to consider Bricktop's gripe about her being scantily dressed on a beach),on both she showed convictions.She refused turn a blind eye to children being molested in State funded homes,and tried to deter party neighborhood loyalist from hanging around PNP offices in order to receive handouts.
                  She was vilified for doing so.
                  I really do not see a directional change.
                  Last edited by Rockman; December 13, 2016, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Lisa played the role of Brutus, she did the dirty work but won't be reaping any of the rewards for doing it.

Comment

Yuhseeit?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                      X