No to prosperity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No to prosperity?

Portia Explains Why She Was A No-Show At 'Prosperous' Jamaica Agreement Signing

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/n...eement-signing
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Lazie it calculated by Holness to use Prosperity as he used it in his campaign but you want to tell me they couldn't talk and come to an agreement by using a similar word?

Small of Portia to protest but it was calculated by the PM.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I wonder if she realise how smallminded this makes her look?
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Both of them actually. Very transformational.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudi View Post
          Does it matter that the name change was proposed from SEPTEMBER?
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Rudi View Post
            Absolutely.. They both conspired to make this valuable SOCIAL CONTRACT... political

Anju with the allegorical name change...and Poorsha with the boycott

Anyway my take on it....Anedda D1 prognostication/recommendation come to pass....Mi ah push dat Social Contract ting as a solution ...from jump

July 22nd, 2008, 10:24 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Assasin View Post
            So far they have been better. Again youcan't blame the rising inflation on them. Inflation is a worldwide thing right now and we know what happen to oil price and corn. Yes crime is their problem. I notice you left out corruption and waste which at least they seemed to have tackled somewhat. Even Bearn Sterns have given them credit for it.
            Don1
            The major societal issues are crime, inflation and jobs... it's early but those indicators are negative... that's why the 2 parties are deadlocked in the polls even though the PNP is dysfunctional.

I don't care about Bear Stearns... especially now that they are bankrupt.

However that's not my main point... do you agree that the regime at a minimum needs to avoid alienating PNP supporters if there is to be a national effort to solve Jamaica's problems.... some kind of social contract that we can all agree on and work towards?
            NostraDon... yuh nuh easy yuhnuh
            Last edited by Don1; December 9, 2016, 09:08 AM.
            TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

For me it is more symbolic than anything,at least when Seaga and Manley had their sham handshake supporters of both party werr at war.That is not what is going on now,internal desputes are at the forefront.Both partirs have some house cleaning to do.

Comment

I agree with Portia's boycott 100%! Why the name change?!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Good going, Portia! Nuh mek dem trick yuh!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

anju is trying to antagonise the pnp...and it's working...the rest of civil society were all onboard...portia & the pnp look like fools...they are the butt of all the
                    "prosperity"/"prosperous" jokes...same thing withthe $600 mil bushing exercise...anju trick dem...said he is going to compromise & spend the other $300 mil on drain cleaning instead...anju a play chess...pnp a play checkers

Comment

Working...
                    X