Rainforest introduces lionfish fillet to local market

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rainforest introduces lionfish fillet to local market

Brian Jardim, CEO of Rainforest Seafoods Ltd said the company is set to introduce a lower-priced fish fillet on the local market from a new product — lionfish.

The company has, within the last week, launched an advertising campaign requesting delivery of unlimited amounts of the seafood from local fisher-folk.
    http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/busin...h-fillet_82441
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Nice story. Good move by RainForest.

I have been impressed with how Jamaica has dealt with the threat created by the lionfish and turned it into an opportunity. Full credit to the UWI marine lab for their campaign in getting Jamaicans to eat the invasive species. It is not an easy fish to deal with, those poisonous spines are no joke I hear.

If only we could be this innovative consistently.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Saw a large Rainforest outdoor advertisement saying 'eat more fish'. This was somewhere between Duncans and Falmouth.

Next time I will certainly sample their menu.
      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Eat it out of existence! Can deal wid dat!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
        X