I think the 1st Obama Gift that the

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by USAF View Post
    Republicans will unwrap will be the INFRASTRUCTURE BILL, that they KILLED every time Obama presented it.......They will dust it off & repackage it, because the money is there, it will create millions of jobs (covering every state), private sector will make a LOT of MONEY, it will give the masses a "warm, fuzzy feeling", and it will give the Republicans a BIG boost for the next round of elections.
    If the republicans do that (and they will), and also lower the corporate tax to 15%, the American economy will "blow up" (in a good way). It will bring every foreign company imaginable here, and jobs will abound. What will let us down is the other side of that coin - real estate will go up, interest rates will go up, and inflation will raise its head. Dammed if you do, dammed if you don't. As with all economies, there will be winners and losers...it's just that you want more of the former than the latter.
    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

If I had to choose between inflation and unemployment, I would choose inflation.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

yes but what about deficits which the talk so much against?

Seem like we are all losing our head. Remember a same thing George W Bush came to? A growing economy and gave his tax cut to make the economy better, run deficits and inflation and it seems good for 2 years and then what happen?? History repeating itself?
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
          yes but what about deficits which the talk so much against?

Seem like we are all losing our head. Remember a same thing George W Bush came to? A growing economy and gave his tax cut to make the economy better, run deficits and inflation and it seems good for 2 years and then what happen?? History repeating itself?
          The difference this time (I am hoping and assuming but you never know with Chump) is that he is saying that he will f-k the companies that take jobs abroad and reward the ones that stay with a 15% tax rate. That will also apply (as I understand it) to foreign companies coming here. If you stop and think about it - that's a very very clever move because not only do we want companies to STAY here, but we want new ones to come here as well. It would also provide incentive to make companies that have kept trillions offshore reinvest in America. It is a carrot and stick approach as I understand it. In the past, it was "just a carrot" (tax cut), no "stick" (i.e. Bush etc. didn't punish companies for taking jobs offshore). We will have to wait and see.
          "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

There are consequences to that though, as there always is. Not sure how companies will compete if they are forced to use high wage US labor to produce their goods. Perhaps it will accelerate the use of automation/robotics for production which of course does not help the unskilled laborer he has promised to help. These global economic forces are not something you can easily turn back. It's like Bernies $15 minimum wage, sounds good but does it solve anything long term.I am not convinced about Trumps tax plan. The numbers are suspect.

I am more interested in trying to change things like the way public education operates, and finding a way to Introduce vocational style apprentiships like they have in Germany. Vouchers, charter schools, other forms of school funding that allows for experimentation outside of union control I am all for trying because the current system is a disaster for the lower income communities. These are the areas where the govt have failed miserably at the local and state levels and refuse to do anything different other than ask for more money to waste.
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

These companies are smart just like Trump the businessmen so we will see. They will use every loophole to do their thing.

Trump talk nothing about automation and modern technologies as I-man said. Automation will take some of these jobs, many of these companies offshore has to show no books to anyone, and will continue, at least that is my opinion. Education have more to do with local politics than national politics when it comes to managing and changing the system below higher education. Hope Trump don't use the Trump University model as it was a complete ripoff just like some of the other ones advertising on TV, but find people like Dr. Edmund Gordon (only younger) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edmund_W._Gordon
              who have spent their life trying to make education better. Had the please of doing some work for this great man and even in his 90s he is still spending time on his work. Never knew he was Jamaican until now, even though I have spent a good time talking or rather listening to him.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
              X