RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey PR...ongle you alone will appreciate this....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey PR...ongle you alone will appreciate this....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...1d3a?section=&
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

That guy, IMO, is one incredible mo fo! I have watched many of his youtube videos and they never cease to amaze. Now, I know that a lot of the videos are edited and put together, but still...

I haven't been riding my mountain bike as much lately, since I bought a road bike (used) at Christmas. The cost of bicycles is outrageous BTW... I ride with a guy here in T&T whose bike cost over $10,000 US!! He was saying that his wheels alone cost more than my bike. I paid $550 US for mine! He is a stronger rider than me, but not 20 times better! But... it's his money to spend as he sees fit.

I did my first 100 (miles) ten days ago BTW; seven hours in the saddle, with one stop! Since then "ah feeling mash up".. LOL but anyway, going riding tonight. If all goes well it'll be about two hours and 30 miles covered. I still hope to do the Kgn to Negril ride, which they suspended this year. No sure why, but they say they hope to come back in 2017. Anyway, I need to keep training.

Take care and happy trails!
    Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
      That guy, IMO, is one incredible mo fo! I have watched many of his youtube videos and they never cease to amaze. Now, I know that a lot of the videos are edited and put together, but still...

I haven't been riding my mountain bike as much lately, since I bought a road bike (used) at Christmas. The cost of bicycles is outrageous BTW... I ride with a guy here in T&T whose bike cost over $10,000 US!! He was saying that his wheels alone cost more than my bike. I paid $550 US for mine! He is a stronger rider than me, but not 20 times better! But... it's his money to spend as he sees fit.

I did my first 100 (miles) ten days ago BTW; seven hours in the saddle, with one stop! Since then "ah feeling mash up".. LOL but anyway, going riding tonight. If all goes well it'll be about two hours and 30 miles covered. I still hope to do the Kgn to Negril ride, which they suspended this year. No sure why, but they say they hope to come back in 2017. Anyway, I need to keep training.

Take care and happy trails!
      I envy you for the hours of exercise you are putting in.

I have been working so much that I have given up my gym membership I have had for over 10 years!

Planning to buy a stationary bike this weekend. I hate not being in good shape.

But this dude is awesome and quite entertaining.

Keep on riding.
      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

I hear you about the hours...I made a decision to put aside up to four days a week to take the bike out, whether an hour (minimum) or two (average) or three + hrs., and to cover a total of at least 100 miles per week. Seven hours in one shot is unusual.

If the roads weren't so crazy here I'd get more time in, because I usually end up driving to a relatively safe area to ride, but it is what it is.

We use this lane at nights; kind of monotonous (2.3 miles) but it's better than nothing! http://www.guardian.co.tt/sport/2015...e-cycling-lane

The priority for me is:
        1. Self
        2.Family
        3. Job

If self not working well (healthy), the family and the job suffer.

Last edited by Peter R; October 14, 2016, 01:58 PM.
        Peter R

Comment

Working...
        X