Trumps speech should make....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trumps speech should make....

....the undocumented very uncomfortable. ...

If his latino in support was 7%, post speech support should be less than 1%.

What a bloody rant!
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

The American presidential election has come down to a mythical wall. It would be funny if it wasn't so damn serious.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

...the politics of fear is real...
      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

I didn't listen to it ... my ears hurt when that clown speaks. That being said .. Hillary is running a terrible campaign.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

His speech sounded like it was written by a high schooler who pulled data from Google and needed to fill his word-count with hyperbole. It is frightening to see the polls still so close. Hillary is running a very poor campaign and even Ben Carson would probably be ahead of her right now. The Democrats are lousy and they allowed the Repugs to lay the distrust of Hillary a long time ago.
          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Hillary is a really bad candidate, worse than I previously thought. She has experienced working for her so I think its much more the candidate than the campaign that is the problem.

If it was anybody other than Trump or maybe Cruz I would likely be voting Republican this election. Kasich, Bush or even Rubio would be beating her badly had they been the candidate.

For some reason I am not fearing a Trump presidency as much as I thought I would. Perhaps its because what seemed impossible is now only improbable.
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

I don't know what you guys are talking about. Hillary is running a great campaign. She has remained above the gutter, she's always presidential while being quite congenial.

The media need to back the phuq up and low har. Had they gone into every other candidate's business as they have with Hillary we'd realise she's doing just fine!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

OK campaign, horrible candidate.
                "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Why is she horrible? We thought she was great 14 months ago, don't? We thought she was a good Secretary of State, don't? We thought she was a good candidate 8 years ago, don't?

Well, what happened since? Well, let me tell ya. We've allowed ourselves to be hoodwinked by the shameless Repugs and to be misled by a probing press that was not nearly as enquiring and fass into any other candidate's business in history.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

She was a much better candidate 8 years ago.

Her stint as Secretary of State unfortunately has hurt her badly. Poor judgement, inexcusible mixing of public influence with personal gain, and some amount of bad luck in being tied to some of the worst failings of Obamas foriegn policy.

Plus people are just fatigued with the Clintons, almost as much as they are with the Bushes.

Weak candidate. She will probably win though.

Comment

Ok, so we disagree.

Hillary has to win. As weak as she may appear to most, a Donald Trump victory would make the United States the laughing stock of the entire world!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Perhaps, as it was to some extent when Bush got elected. I believe that the basic tenets of Trumpism will survive Trump though.

There is a lot of support out there in the wealthy nations of the world for the anti-globalization, anti-immigrant and anti-diversity message. Those of us who oppose that message had better hope that someone who is more eloquent and convincing in delivering it doesn't show up.

Comment

So, Barack's continued backing of the transpacific trade agreement is not making any sense to you?

There is nothing inherently wrong with free trade. The trouble is the naysayers are loud and bombastic, and usually they carry some racist baggage as well.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Of course it does make sense, I am in the camp who opposes the anti-globalization/ anti free trade message as I have seen how those developments have lifted hundreds of millions out of extreme poverty in the last decade or two.

However I am also very much aware that while free trade and globalization taken as a whole is a positive thing for the world, there are communities and demographic groups who are big losers in the process. Those people are not going to walk away silently into the night, they are going to lash out. Hence you get Brexit and Trumpism and lots of other smaller movements that are only recently starting to be taken as a serious threat.

Its not JUST about racism and nationalism although those long held beliefs makes the resentment even more intense. The global elites who brush it off as simply that are not seeing the full picture.
                            Last edited by Islandman; September 1, 2016, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Fair enough!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                              X