• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Spangled Banner: Racist

No refuge could save the hireling and slave
    From the terror of flight, or the gloom of the grave:

http://www.ushistory.org/documents/banner.htm

For the africans who sought refuge under the british during the war of independence,which was a game,the british promised them freedom in exchange for fighting for them,so did the yanks,but as history has taught us ,freedom is on the oppresors terms.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Nope, it was the war of 1812 and the yanks started itty trying to take Canada from the Brits. Di dutty slave owning racist Keys write it in 1814 and it was adopted as Nat anthem in 1831...just around the time of abolitionist rumblings.

To their credits, the brits honored their promise to the former slaves and allowed them to settle in Canada and TnT, despite US insistence on the return of their "property".

Comment

America fi dump the Star spangled abomination and adopt America the Beautiful as their anthem.

The current anthem makes no sense anyway, as the War of independence is folklorical, while the skirmish of 1812-14 is relatively meaningless and indeed ignominious in its origin.

Comment

You are correct about the time of war , but I think it became the official anthem in the 30s.My bad.

http://www.history.com/news/9-things...pangled-banner

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Bruce: I am sure you agree your post should go!
          Thanks for agreeing!
          Last edited by Karl; September 1, 2016, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Or just take out the reference to slavery, America the beautiful always moved me.

Comment

We had this class a couple months ago. Where were you?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

It was adopted as national anthem in 1931, not 1831.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Yes, mi dzylxeics. LoL

Comment

I read it and was impressed teacha!

Comment

Dyslexics untie!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Thanks!

As much as I read, I should know a thing or two. And recently, my readings have been heavily on American history. It's been most interesting - the contradictions, ironies and hypocrisies of this republic...amazing stuff!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Then u should read the best history of America ever written

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                          Thanks!

As much as I read, I should know a thing or two. And recently, my readings have been heavily on American history. It's been most interesting - the contradictions, ironies and hypocrisies of this republic...amazing stuff!

A People's History of America -- By Howard Zinn

Brilliant....nutten close to dis re truth-telling
                          TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

That could be my next read. Thanks!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

This is what I'm currently reading: http://www.chicagoreviewpress.com/am...1613748206.php

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                              X