Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British comedian on US gun laws

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OZIOE6aMBk
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Exactly!

But this gun culture has been rooted in American society since the time of the Nathaniel Bacon Rebellion in 1676. Guns were essential for slave-raiding and for repressing rebellion. We will have mass shootings in the USA for centuries more!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Definitely for a long time. It's only when I spent some time at a party with co-workers who were discussing the guns and gun accessories that their family members gave them for Christmas that I really understood how deeply ingrained gun culture is in the American psyche.

Legislation might help but I suspect it would also create a thriving illegal gun market and likely wouldn't stop the mass murderer type from getting an assault rifle. Perhaps it would cut down on some of the road rage type incidents though.
      Last edited by Islandman; June 13, 2016, 09:57 AM.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

I went paintballing once and got a better understanding of the thrill.

There were people decked out in army seal fatigue from head to toe. This one particular guy who carried two guns, a rifle and a handgun, was always the first "killed".

But it's something I will never do again. I just hate how these white boys seemed to get into a frenzy while there. Plus, di paintball lick hot nuh raass!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
        X