Moon Fish.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moon Fish.....

I have made it a habit to try new things whenever I visit the DeKalb Farmers Market (or any establishment that offers things that I am unfamiliar.........).

Last Saturday I tried Moon Fish. I purchased two--each averaging a little less than 1 lb.

I prepared it with the basic sea-salt & black pepper. Drizzled it with e. virgin olive oil...and placed it in the broiler.

Mmmmuah...very delicious!! I will now add moon fish to my staple.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Never heard of that before. Maybe I will try it.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

http://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.M1...0&pid=3.1&rm=2

http://www.seacoreseafood.com/pictures/130_Moonfish.jpg

BTW, Haitian mango available. Ten $ for a box of 10.

HL

Comment

You sure is not "Blue" Moon fish?! LOL

Anyway, I'm curious about the price of fish where you are... of course prices will vary depending on type of fish... how much is the moon fish?

I am partial to King Fish... which is about $6US/lb. at the local stall. I buy about five lbs at a time which lasts my household (three of us including my teenage son who eats more than my wife and me combined) two weeks.

Fish gets on my plate about twice a week... a good friend is trying to convince me to go vegan... not sure I can step to that, even to try it ... yet.
        Peter R

Comment

Dem look like Jack .

Comment

The color yes and the lack of scales...but not the shape...'specially the head.

HL

Comment

Vegan is dangerous.

You need heavy supplementation if you go that route.

B vitamins and key minerals lacking.

Comment

It takes discipline to be vegan, given what is readily available, and easy to prepare. I do eat a lot of peas and beans, but still not ready to give up the fish and chicken.
                Peter R

Comment

Working...
                X