X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selassie liveth as His Imperial Highness follows His path

Visit of Haile Selassie's grandson significant, says Golding
    Thursday, April 21, 2016 | 7:53 PM

KINGSTON, Jamaica (JIS) – Former Prime Minister Bruce Golding has hailed the visit to Jamaica of His Imperial Highness Prince Ermias Sahle-Selassie as a momentous occasion. He was addressing a ceremony in honour of Prince Sahle-Selassie at the Jamaica College (JC) grounds in St Andrew today, just hours after his arrival in the island.

The prince is in Jamaica for a nine-day visit to mark the 50th anniversary of the State visit of his grandfather, the late Emperor of Ethiopia, His Imperial Majesty (HIM) Haile Selassie.

He noted that his imperial majesty’s three-day visit to the country five decades ago was impactful, as the Ethiopian Emperor represented the spiritual foundation of the Rastafarian movement which, at the time, was severely oppressed and ostracised. He said the occasion, which included a tour of the JC grounds, created a platform on which the movement was able to command respect.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

I'm happy yet surprised the govt of the day allowed free Rastafarian community such close access to Haile Selassie.

But isn't it about time we examine the true legacy of the man, HIM Selassie I?

I put it to you that Ethiopia had no business being poor and in famine. And Selassie was the reason for that.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Selassie presided over an extreme set of extractive institutions and ran the country as his own private property, handing out favors and patronage and ruthlessly punishing lack of loyalty. There was no economic development to speak of in Ethiopia under the Solomonic dynasty. - Why Nations Fail - Acemoglu and Robinson

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Infidel!!

You dare question the earthly representative of Jah?? The King of Kings?? The Lord of Lords?? The Conquering Lion of the Tribe of Judah?? The subject of Marcus' Eastern prophecy?? The inspiration for so many songs from the most spiritually powerful music on the planet??

More fyah everlastin' fi yuh ...Get thee hence apostate!!
        Last edited by Don1; April 22, 2016, 10:46 AM.

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

How my medical history drop een?

I know. Same way we should not question the actions and words of our founding fathers, Jamaica's and America's. We are all imperfect, but what was the net effect of these individuals?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Question dem yes....but how yuh fi question di Elect of God????? Yuh run dis by Ras Astor yet??

Comment

LOL.Now that is the question of relevance.

Comment

Somehow I don't think Jamaica is ready for that conversation, and surely not the Rastafari community.

I have a sistren, East African born and spent some of her formative years in Ethiopia. She said from her recollection the general public pretty much disliked him and what he represented. I was trying to explain to her why Rastafari thought so highly of him, but she didn't really understand it.
                "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

No, but a gwine to consult wid Gabre Selassie, man formerly known as Steven Golding.

What a prekeh!

http://m.jamaicaobserver.com/mobile/...enamed_9485257

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                    Somehow I don't think Jamaica is ready for that conversation, and surely not the Rastafari community.

I have a sistren, East African born and spent some of her formative years in Ethiopia. She said from her recollection the general public pretty much disliked him and what he represented. I was trying to explain to her why Rastafari thought so highly of him, but she didn't really understand it.
                    Well it's almost like Americans having slaveowners, rapists & murderers as "founding fathers"...or the British who uphold their monarchy of genocidal, globally destructive maniacs

But just almost since they appear to adore them. At least we question our tyrants
                    Last edited by Don1; April 22, 2016, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Please notify Si X, PR & PM-it may help settle a dispute

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                      No, but a gwine to consult wid Gabre Selassie, man formerly known as Steven Golding.

What a prekeh!

http://m.jamaicaobserver.com/mobile/...enamed_9485257
                      "My new name is Gabre Selassie," he told the Sunday Observer, adding that it means servant of the trinity.

Comment

I had a friend from Eritrea who couldn't understand our reverence for the man. Surely, he had his own biases since Eritrea had several clashes with Ethiopia. But the poor fellow was torn because he loved Jamaica, Jamaicans and traditional reggae (What is that new stuff? Dancehall? I don't like it!) but didn't like the fact that we loved HIM.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Actually, if you can set aside the status of your big toe not a bad interview really. Is him fatha what else can he say?

Comment

Rudi, one doesn't just set aside the status of one's body part.

That's like saying to your date - I'm great in bed, despite the ED.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                              Rudi, one doesn't just aside the status of one's body part.

That's like saying to your date - I'm great in bed, despite the ED.
                              woooiiiee yuh epiglottis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              Last edited by Don1; April 22, 2016, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X