Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn, Prince found dead at home.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/21/entert...-estate-death/
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

RIP
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Big news, sad news!

Like Michael, many of us grew up with him.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Wow! RIP Purple One!
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

He just did a concert at the Fox Theatre last week. The concert was sold out weeks before his performance.

I recalled Nile Rodgers ask the audience (at his concert) to say a prayer for Prince. That his airplane had made an emergency landing because of some health emergency. I heard later that it was just some flu-like symptoms.

In retrospect, I should have attended that last concert ~sigh~

RIP Prince: You pushed the boundaries in your art-form. You demonstrated the importance of branding and OWNERSHIP in the music BUSINESS.
          The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Prince was one of the great ones.
            Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Rip the little musical genius. Respect
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Right now, I'm in a rum bar, a real one, listening to nothing but Prince music.

Nice! Play on, brother!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Diamonds and Pearls, one of my favourites. Commercial, but nice. Rosie Gaines was belting it. She should have been bigger, as a singer, cause I think size-wise she was big already.

Money Don't Matter 2 Night...maad!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

When Doves Cry was maybe my favourite
                    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

I certainly don't have one. I guess I'll decide later when I hear the entire discography.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Raspberry Beret is mine.
                        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

One of my favourites is Wanna Be Your Lover, the first Prince song I ever heard.

I remember that song being on perpetual repeat back in the day. Always wished it had another verse though.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

That was the Jam. Imagine on his first album, all the credits were Prince's. As a teen he played all the instruments and produced it. He came up with his sound that were not normal at the time.
                            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Yes that is a boom shot. It was many years before I found out that was a Prince song.

Comment

Working...
                              X