Harriet Tubman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harriet Tubman

On the new $20.00 bill. Donald Trump and the Repubs gonna have a heart attack. Good choice.
    The great lady" I could have saved much more if they didn't thin they were slaves" quote was to that effect.

think.

Comment

"weren't"?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

The actual quote was " I freed a thousand slaves I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves".

Comment

different from what was said above

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Somewhat same gist. I think. Anyway, the above was the accurate one not the first.

Comment

Washington (AFP) - Republican presidential frontrunner Donald Trump said Thursday he opposes placing an image of one-time slave Harriet Tubman on the $20 bill, saying she should grace the rarely used $2 note instead.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-don...172246062.html
              Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Right on cue
                Surprised it took him that long

Comment

So, when does he get presidential?!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

True but can somebody EXPLAIN Ben Carson?

Comment

A freedom fighter vs a slaver and a murderer of native Americans - what's there to debate?

Full time America re-examines ALL of her heroes and do the needful. If we study American history we'd be so surprised about many of these persons who have been honoured with streets, libraries, colleges, parks and a whole bunch of things named after their wretched, cruel evil and disgusting as$es!

Regarding Ben Carson...back in the day, black South Africans were criticised for necklacing traitors of the movement. It would be a Goodyear when Ben finds one that fits.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I think Carson represents the thousands Harriet Tubman COULD have saved.

Comment

True! And a lot who never deserved to be saved!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                          X