Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TEF for Income Tax Break?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

I wonder what Butch has up his sleeve with this proposal.

Sorry to be cynical but this is the man who used Air Jamaica as a taxpayer-funded loss leader for his hotel chain for 10 years before handing it back to govt when it had outlived its usefulness to him.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

My concern with all of this is - how much money do these entities have, that they are able to shift funds to areas that have nothing at all to do with their mandates?

We have seen successive governments draw down pon di NHT when they needed extra funds. A lot of people are wondering why the NHT couldn't do more for more Jamaicans if they have so much money floating around.

And what about the TEF - how come they are sitting on a gold mine? Is our tourism product already enhanced to the max?!?

How many more companies do we have in Jamaica that are looking for ways to spend their huge funds?!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
        My concern with all of this is - how much money do these entities have, that they are able to shift funds to areas that have nothing at all to do with their mandates?

We have seen successive governments draw down pon di NHT when they needed extra funds. A lot of people are wondering why the NHT couldn't do more for more Jamaicans if they have so much money floating around.

And what about the TEF - how come they are sitting on a gold mine? Is our tourism product already enhanced to the max?!?

How many more companies do we have in Jamaica that are looking for ways to spend their huge funds?!
        "We have seen successive governments draw down pon di NHT" Successive? Really?
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

The JLP govt. wanted to borrow money from the NHT. Successive PNP govts. did take/borrow money from the NHT.

I hope that makes you feel better, Lazie.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

The government need to put tax on all luxury car and Luxury goods to pay for this tax and tax import from Trinidad and other Caribbean country.

I said luxury goods since Jamaica have a very uneven income bracket so why not charge more on imported luxuries and then charge Trinidad for the trade imbalance and blatant breaches that they have been doing.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Tax the church. Problem solved

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

That can happen in a Christian country like Jamaica?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                  That can happen in a Christian country like Jamaica?
                  Jamaica is a christian country?
                  "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

yeah man all a dat to. Give unto Ceasar....

I support 1.5 but somebody have to pay for it. Jamaican income equity is too wide. Only the money need to be spend locally. It is just for the government to come up with a workable plan that nuh pressure the little man dem.
                    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Maybe Audley will bring back Peter bank withdrawal tax and claim it as his own idea.

I still don't see what the big problem was other than people don't want to pay tax. If you withdraw nuff you pay more , if you withdraw likkle bit you pay likkle bit. Seems quite fair to me, much fairer than income tax.
                      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

What is Fayval Williams saying? that's what we should be asking. Talk to Shaw when you want comic relief. Bway you got to feel it for Anju, tubby Turd has backed him into a corner.

Comment

Working...
                        X