It's painful enough watching the local evening news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
    You like to say we can multitask, nuh true?
    Absolutely true!

Well, let's multitask here as well.
    Absolutely!

I'm not sure one is better than the other. I write more reports than anything else and I work in an engineering setting. Worse, I review reports turned in by Contractors and it is clear that many did not feel report writing was important.
    It is not a matter of one being more important than the other, rather it is of vital importance that we keep the 'patient' (=Jamaica) alive and positioned to thrive!

The fact is, no matter the state of the art robot we create, we better be able to communicate to the public its bells and whistles.
    Its uses and how to maximize on same!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

No problem mon! Wi all win prize ah Babylon fi dat

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
      The fact is, no matter the state of the art robot we create, we better be able to communicate to the public its bells and whistles.

Members of the Jamaica College robotics team show off their robot and engineering notebook to Michele English, president and chief operating officer of Columbus Communications Jamaica Limited. Flow is one of a number of corporate sponsors for the team.
      Last edited by Don1; April 5, 2016, 02:31 PM.
      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Is nuff of those FIRST engineering notebooks me review and grade over the years and some have been very good.

Theirs must be excellent to win that award.
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

1) I made a cake for my mother: Because she asked me to; she wasn't able to do it herself.
          2) I made a cake for my mother: I decided to make a cake and give it to her (for her birthday).

1) The apple is green (unripe).
          2) The apple is green (ripe, but has a natural green colour).

Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
            Is nuff of those FIRST engineering notebooks me review and grade over the years and some have been very good.

Theirs must be excellent to win that award.
            Yeah wi seem to have developed a competence inna dat technical documentation ting ova di years.

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Babylon lie wen dem claim wi cyaan good inna tech...

....BTW dat award was not in di US regional competition...but innna Whirl Champs

After capturing the coveted Inspire award in the NYC FIRST Robotics competition in March of this year at the Jacob Javits Convention Centre, the Jamaica College Robotics team proved to the world their dominance in the field of technology when they took home the Judges Award in the Robotics World Championship competition. The grueling four day, April 24 – 27, 2013, competition was held at the Edward Jones Dome, America’s Centre in St. Louis, Missouri.

The team won five of the eight matches that they competed in and was ranked 26th place of the 128th teams that entered the competition from around the world.

The Judges Award was awarded to the team for their high quality and comprehensive engineering notebook. According to the team’s Captain and Club’s President, Gavin Samuels, “I am extremely happy that all the time, resources, and energy we all placed into this programme is finally paying off and is being recognized.”

Comment

Nice! You all should be really proud Don1, the program is a major success and likely has changed many of the youths career paths. I know it has not been an easy road either.
                "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                  Nice! You all should be really proud Don1, the program is a major success and likely has changed many of the youths career paths. I know it has not been an easy road either.
                  Yeah. .. neva really knew how tings would turn out but can't say I'm disappointed (re JC)

The impact has been major.... Mi nuh even tell Ben seh wi all beat Singapore

Di fuss year was traumatic. .. Security dig down di yute dem bot ah Norman Manley cause dem feel seh ah one bomb. Parts scatter an get leff ah JA. Robot cudden even tun on one time inna competition. ....come dead LAST. Nuff bawlin from di yutes. Mi tink dem wudda gi up di ting...

But di genie was out the bot tle and the rest is history.
                  Last edited by Don1; April 6, 2016, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X