• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Termites @ War

Burke defends stewardship, takes jab at Hanna
    BY KIMONE FRANCIS Observer staff reporter francisk@jamaicaobserver.com

Monday, April 04, 2016 46 Comments

GENERAL secretary of the Opposition People’s National Party (PNP) Paul Burke says a campaign of “lies, half-truths, misinformation, and disinformation” has been waged against him by members of the party.

Member of Parliament for St Ann South Eastern and former Youth and Culture Minister Lisa Hanna yesterday tabled a no-confidence motion against Burke during a meeting of the party’s National Executive Council (NEC) at the Jamaica Conference centre, following the party’s shock defeat in the February 25 General Election. The motion was seconded by Nigel Moore.

“I know most of the players. I know their motives and money power. I also know how and where they got some of this money from,” Burke said.

“Yes, I am responsible for some things, but not for deception or betrayal, media leaks or deliberate plants, not for so-called conspiracies, nor rushed ambitions,” he added.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Things falling apart

This could never have happened under the great PJ Patterson.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I think Gamma hinted at some rumblings before the election, I guess this is it .
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Gamma is a member of the NEC?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
          This could never have happened under the great PJ Patterson.

PJ was a good politician...but an abject failure as PM

Portia is bad both in politics and as PM

Termites need a wash out or dem fi get spray out

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Being a member or not of anything , deprives one of commenting on an issue ?

I don't know Gamma business maybe you do.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

How it reach deh so? Mi aks a simple question.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I have been following Lisa on FB for the last few months, and since the election loss she has pushing this "Renewal Now" message very strongly. At first it came across as a benign call for the party to re-evaluate itself after the loss, but subsequent posts have made it clear that she is targeting the PNP leadership, though not Portia directly...yet.

It is going to be very interesting to watch how this will shake out.
                Last edited by Islandman; April 4, 2016, 11:58 AM.
                "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Yuh fi ansa

Comment

Good stuff.

Comment

Talk about good stuff - unnu see Lisa election campaign billboards in her constituency? They are huge and glamorous and very orange! You'd think she had won the Miss World title all over again!

I suspect, like other banners I have seen, there was some Photoshopping involved. Nobody cyaan pretty suh!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post

I suspect, like other banners I have seen, there was some Photoshopping involved. Nobody cyaan pretty suh!
                        She nuh need dat atall...chuss mi

Comment

She is a smart woman...appears determined & strong as well

The key issue for me is whether she has or can develop key partnerships within the Termite leadership to achieve her near term objectives....whatever those may be

That's the big unknown...but Burke is clearly Obstacle #1

Comment

Me notice from Lisa Hanna gave the keynote speech at the New York chapter of a certain Hope Road school she considers herself Prime minister material. a coulda whaso? who is pulling her strings I DON know but coincidence?

Comment

Originally posted by Rudi View Post
                              Me notice from Lisa Hanna gave the keynote speech at the New York chapter of a certain Hope Road school she considers herself Prime minister material. a coulda whaso? who is pulling her strings I DON know but coincidence?
                              LOL!

sssssshhhhhhhh

Comment

Working...
                              X