Negril in Need

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do critical analysis...you cheerlead like a Mini Bartlett

I acknowledge tourism's strengths in providing vital employment for quite a few of our low skilled peeps who don't have many other prospects...and earning FX.

The only points not addressed are the facts that JA tourism is overwhelmingly low skill, low wage & low value-adding. The enviro costs are extremely high and the retained FX earnings are low ... only ~40% because it requires tremendous imports to be sustained.

Consequently tourism is ill-suited to lead the transformation of the JA economy in the 21st Century. So if it continues to be our "leading industry"...we won't transform the country to some semblance of advanced development.

Our biggest enterprise (apart from receiving remittance alms from foreign) is being servants to foreigners. In truth this economic scenario is PATHETIC

This is not the fault of tourism...but the fault of JLPNP mis-leadership over generations
    Ah suh di ting set like it or not
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Critcal to you. Only someone with out vision would think that the leading industry for the last 70 years is not vital and not able to play a major role in the 21 century. Only a fool wouldn't not see the potential when Orlando and over 60 million visitors a year and Jamaica have 3 million at most.

Gwaan talk.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

LOL

1. I stated that the industry is vital. Actually I used a better word....indispensable. Google the meaning

2. The FACT that tourism has been the leading industry for 70 years as you put it only proves my point. While in those 70 years the tourism industry expanded greatly...the economy has always been underdeveloped.
        REASON: Tourism doesn't demand high value labor inputs..quite the opposite. Any 2 bit country with a few beaches & pretty scenery & charming natives can have a big tourist inflow. It doesn't take much...which is the problem

3. It will & should have a big 21st century role....just not a transformative one. JA will have big pools of low skill workers to absorb for many years. Tourism is good at that task so I fully support it

4. Unlike you I would not enjoy a future JA with 60 million fat tourists roaming around in some faux playland like that Disney park. That would be terrible

You would celebrate creating a nation of 100s of thousands of servants. That's your vision...Dystopia

Others have a a different perspective on what our future should look like...see below
        Last edited by Don1; April 8, 2016, 01:04 PM.

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

There you go again. Well done.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
            There you go again. Well done.
            Thanks Benson!!

Comment

Yuh is a real masochist!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Critically Analyze dis:

1 Million working people on 'island state' producing GDP of US$61 Billion.

Working population broken out by Industry showing %:

INDUSTRY
                Agriculture, forestry, fishing and hunting, and mining 12,119 2.3
                Construction 32,180 6.0
                Manufacturing 18,979 3.5
                Wholesale trade 17,188 3.2
                Retail trade 65,693 12.2
                Transportation and warehousing, and utilities 33,559 6.2
                Information 13,278 2.5
                Finance, insurance, real estate, and rental and leasing 37,867 7.0
                Professional, scientific, management, administrative, and waste management services 51,039 9.5
                Educational, health and social services 102,254 19.0
                Arts, entertainment, recreation, accommodation and food services 86,189 16.0
                Other services (except public administration) 23,853 4.4
                Public administration 43,711 8.1

Address why yard is so far from the above and how fi fix DAT before you begin to get profound an yap bout robot and new paradigm and what should and should not be taught in high school and what should be 'lead' industry...

Comment

Analyze wha? Fix wha?....Mi look like mi wuk fi yuh?

Yuh nuh start "working hard for the new government" yet like wid One Liad ?

Get back to di trough an' tap waste big man time
                  Last edited by Don1; April 8, 2016, 06:14 PM.

Comment

mi nuh blame yuh.. mi hear seh ignorance is bliss..

Bliss up yuhself !

Comment

Anju dem nuh gi yuh a spot at di trough yet?

Comment

Yuh soun like an ex-troughist !

Comment

Working...
                        X