No announcement yet.

Negril in Need

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jamaica don't begin to scratch it's Tourism potential..

I suggest you focus on your Robots and stap worrying about matters that don't concern or interest you..

Comment

Yuh impertinent yute. You cannot regulate what my interests are

Now kindly tek whe yuhself an gwaan scratch Babylon backside
      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Mi mek ah suggestion..

However if yuh still get yuh kicks ah try tear dung what yuh clearly nuh hunnastan..

Knock yuhself out.. mek mi give mi Wolverines a likkle ress..

Comment

LOL... Face kick off....Guh ress yes. Fi mi Tims nuh inna nuh rompin' ting unuh

Mi nuh wrong yuh

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

The fact is there is no people in Jamaica who have a degree in Tourism or Hospitality who are waiters and maids. Let's deal with the reality. Unnu fi come clean and stop chat what don't go so. Again I will ask, Name one person with a degree who are maid or clerk.

Do we have the capacity to train 1000 a year? If we do train them in different areas as Food Prep which include chef and Dietitian, accounting and front office management, operations management, Landscaping management, entertainment management, maintenance engineering which cover running electrical and other equipment and Food and Beverage management, event coordinators or planners. Not to mention Hotel Information Systems, and the different Travel Information System. With that kind of training we could place them within Jamaica and the Caribbean without a problem. That plus some entrepreneurship and there is no problem. Imagine if within 3 or 4 years they are fluent in another language we would have no problem placing people within the industry. Start thinking 21 century and not 19 century and you will see what training can do for Tourism. Who a go fix the robots in the hotels?
            Last edited by Assasin; April 7, 2016, 06:51 AM.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
              Who a go fix the robots in the hotels?
              I bet Don1 didn't think about that!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Sass you're passionate about tourism....I get that. It's an indispensable industry for Jamaica in employing a certain category of workers and generating FX. JA has almost 70 years experience hosting and being servants to tourists....and we should indeed try to expand the industry and increase the local value adding element

Those things are not in dispute. What you appear to dispute is this thesis of mine:

JA tourism is primarily a low wage, low skill and low value adding industry with extremely high environmental costs and extremely high import content.

Consequently IF our goal is to be transformed into a semblance of a developed nation in say 25 years or so.... tourism is incapable of leading that effort.

Since we're in the 21st Century we must invest in 21st century skills and develop new, modern & fast growing industries to lead that transformation

Das all...but no worries if you disagree

Comment

JA Tourism thus needs to be transformed into a higher wage, higher skill and higher value added industry..

That is called Critical Thinking..

Your opinion on which industry should 'lead' the developed nation effort is interesting however I suggest starting a new thread topic on that.

Comment

I'm not finding your suggestions or opinions to be of much value... since celebrating modern day servitude is not my forte. That's for the many others like you & Sass to feel self-satisfied about

But thanks anyway
                    Last edited by Don1; April 7, 2016, 07:03 PM.

Comment

you fail to read what I write but it is ok. Jamaica need 3 or 4 industries that is growing in the to have a growing economy. So please don't act like I didn't say that.

70 years and it really the only industry standing, the highest employer in Jamaica, the highest earner and is still growing, why wouldn't you want to make it better, instead of chatting crap?
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                        you fail to read what I write but it is ok. Jamaica need 3 or 4 industries that is growing in the to have a growing economy. So please don't act like I didn't say that.

70 years and it really the only industry standing, the highest employer in Jamaica, the highest earner and is still growing, why wouldn't you want to make it better, instead of chatting crap?
                        I could be wrong but I think Don1 said this - "...and we should indeed try to expand the industry and increase the local value adding element."

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                          I could be wrong but I think Don1 said this - "...and we should indeed try to expand the industry and increase the local value adding element."

Sass fails to read (or perhaps comprehend) what I write but it's ok

Comment

It look like we have 2 Don1 on the forum.

Can you explain this and put it up with the quote you just posted?

How exactly does one "teach tourism"??? I suppose you mean having instruction
                            in the main functional opportunities in the sector?

Let's examine what the overwhelming majority of jobs are in this super
                            industry

Apparently in this 21st Century our secondary schools should be
                            teaching students how to be:

Maids
                            Waiters
                            Butlers
                            Tour
                            Guides
                            Playmates
                            Receptionists
                            Cooks
                            JUTA
                            & taxi drivers
                            Security guards
                            Gardeners
                            Trinket
                            sellers
                            Attraction ticket agents
                            Assorted cleaners &
                            garbage processors
                            Rent-a-Dreads & Prostitutes (Spanish-speakers
                            please...Ooooh Papi!! Gwaan bubble!!! Yuh muy caliente!!! woooiiee mi spleen!! )

Thanks in advance

Comment

I posted exactly what Don1 said which refutes what you said. Deal with your LIE and stop worry about how many Don1s are on the Forum.

There isn't anything to put up against anything. What you just put up doesn't change what Don1 said.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

The fact is Don1 say too many derogatory things about the tourism industry for me to believe he actually think anything good about the tourism industry.

I have posted numerous times that tourism doesn't affect what he is thinking of implementing but he just take stead aim at putting down the industry in post after post in trying to make his points. If you notice he doesn't address points or questions ask, so you can buy the one positive line that he post, sorry I can't.

Comment

Working...
                                X