X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good read

Comment

I love it

And non of that money stays in the country.

I read some time ago that total bank deposits in Jamaica was less than J$500 billion/US$6 billion, yet still tourisim brings in over US$1.5 Billion a year for several years so you tell me where all the tourisim income goes ?

I stayed at one hotel in Jamaica recently and spoke to the GM about banking, he did not hide the fact that the hotel's main banking relationship was in Miami and he fly's the deposit bag to Florida every night.

And yes one of the 21 families is an owner of the hotel.

Comment

Were around in the 70s ?

FINSAC ?

Money goes where it feels safe.

Some people need to wake up to REALITY..

Comment

I don't understand some of these posters...most of them have got to reside in the United States...detached from third world reality...

Comment

That is no different from anywhere in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
              I don't understand some of these posters...most of them have got to reside in the United States...detached from third world reality...

Bricktop the numbers don't lie...it's not a political thing.
              There has never been a time when the weallthy Jamaicans keep any of their money in Jamaica.

Comment

Tillable you are getting carried away with this source thing now. You seem to want the source of the source of the source. Use simple judgement. By your own intelligent observation do you think what was quoted in the article was fact, fiction, or something else?. Also is the current level of black leadership in commerce, in Jamaica, a black country is acceptable to you?. And yes, I did say a black country. It's not a typo. No out of many one people nonsense cliche please.

Comment

Would you keep your money in Jamaica if you were wealthy, and risk having a megalomaniac seize it? It seems as if it is a crime to be rich...

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
                    Would you keep your money in Jamaica if you were wealthy, and risk having a megalomaniac seize it? It seems as if it is a crime to be rich...
                    No it's not, you talking to a Capitalist.....I just want more investment back in the country, both the Goverment (anyone PNP/JLP) should do more to encourage this and the 21 families need to understand it only benefits them in the long run.

Comment

oh..? no wealthy Jamaican was ruined by the policies of the PNP ?

yuh ah chat juss fi tek up server space ?

Comment

Top line vs bottom line. $1.5b is bottom line.

Bank deposit are CASH and which portfolio should be that liquid? If we use a 10% threshhold, then the $6b reprents a total value retained of $60b.

Money will be kept in hard assets like real estate, plant and machinery, Guvvament paper, mattress bottom, pardnah throwing, fancy cyars, etc.

Comment

'benefits them in the long run'

lol ! woiee !

We know dat !

Who yuh tink was lending Omar money after FINSAC ?

Yuh know wheh yuh ah chat bout ?

Comment

Agree with you Comment. Jamaica's per capital income is probably closer to a paltry $2500. A real disgrace. BTW what with the personal attack. We usually reserve that for the circus clowns who run our country and haberdasheries under the guise of being investors.

Comment

yeah I have a problem with that too as I have seen it firsthand but you know what, it is also up to us to take some off the tourists and stop squander our oppurtunities. See Ochi people them out fi the tourism goose.

I am convince if we serious about tourism many more can benefit.
                              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Scaly Spurs View Post
                                Bricktop the numbers don't lie...it's not a political thing.
                                There has never been a time when the weallthy Jamaicans keep any of their money in Jamaica.
                                Just ask PJ where he stashed his
                                Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                                - Langston Hughes

Comment

Working...
                                X