No announcement yet.

Scaly, evidence of your 21 families that run Jamaica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Carl Stone's research coincides with Thomas' argument, emphasising how these families have strengthened their position as the managers of the Jamaican political economy.

In the transition from a plantation-dominated economy in which there was an ascendant White rural planter class to a more diversified urban-centred economy there has emerged a powerful grouping of urban-based wealthy families mainly of Jewish and Arab ethnic origin...They have penetrated and dominated many areas of the Jamaican economy...Included among these are the following 15 families who are perhaps the most powerful, active, and influential families in the economic and political power domains of the country and they represent an important segment of the effective class leadership among the rich capitalists in Jamaica:

Powerful Business Families
    Matalon, Ashenheim, Hendrickson, Facey, Mahfood, Issa, Hart, Henriques, Desnoes, Geddes, DeLisser, Clarke, Rousseau, Stewart, Kennedy
    (Stone, 1986, 38-39)"

- Blood, Bullets & Bodies by Imani Tafari-Ama

It's not me who is speaking emotionally and in profundities. My word is grounded in fact.

I'm not just a football and tennis authority.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

So everybody nuh have di same opportunity to work dem way up and run tings? How Stewart and Hendrickson reach deh? Surely wasn't with a silver spoon in dem mouth. Stop di bellyaching and engage yuh brain.

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
        So everybody nuh have di same opportunity to work dem way up and run tings? How Stewart and Hendrickson reach deh? Surely wasn't with a silver spoon in dem mouth. Stop di bellyaching and engage yuh brain.
        ...but, there was a cartel that kept the major blacks on the outside. It was exercised in subtle and not so subtle ways. In those days through private backroom meetings and greasing of the right palms (...yeah, even using those within the society - private and public - lapdogs/'houseslaves types')/corrupting influences - still with us today given voice in "a who im" and or "out of his place" and or must know im place", lookdown the nose posture.

...found right now in, for example, the cartoonist, the JLP and various persons in our society tell PM Portia in subtle and not so subtle ways that she "mus kno har place"...

...found right now in, the poor service received from some workers within and without public service bodies - in lock door cannot see Mr. LOck-up behind door So&So...who runs fawning out of his office when as he sees it 'real sumady cum'.

When the members of 21 families had access to credit on nod, guesture or signature and the majority could not even get to see the loan officers....forget seeing the top managers.

...when members of the so-called 'elit classes' could on a nod and a wink receive government contracts and other plums within the society...and, members of the majority class could not...etc, etc.

Massa wi on a mission!
        Nah change course!

...that some subvert the process by engaging in the same samfie practises...tief-in an corruption is fact! ...an di tief an samfie artist...the corrupt and even murders sometimes hide in PNP clothes...but, whether the spoilers are inside or outside - Wi nah change course!
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
          ...but, there was a cartel that kept the major blacks on the outside. It was exercised in subtle and not so subtle ways. In those days through private backroom meetings and greasing of the right palms (...yeah, even using those within the society - private and public - lapdogs/'houseslaves types')/corrupting influences - still with us today given voice in "a who im" and or "out of his place" and or must know im place", lookdown the nose posture.

...found right now in, for example, the cartoonist, the JLP and various persons in our society tell PM Portia in subtle and not so subtle ways that she "mus kno har place"...

...found right now in, the poor service received from some workers within and without public service bodies - in lock door cannot see Mr. LOck-up behind door So&So...who runs fawning out of his office when as he sees it 'real sumady cum'.

When the members of 21 families had access to credit on nod, guesture or signature and the majority could not even get to see the loan officers....forget seeing the top managers.

...when members of the so-called 'elit classes' could on a nod and a wink receive government contracts and other plums within the society...and, members of the majority class could not...etc, etc.

Massa wi on a mission!
          Nah change course!

...that some subvert the process by engaging in the same samfie practises...tief-in an corruption is fact! ...an di tief an samfie artist...the corrupt and even murders sometimes hide in PNP clothes...but, whether the spoilers are inside or outside - Wi nah change course!
          What dat . We really need to change our motto to ""One fool lead many!" No wonder we in deep 5hit!

-------------Suh yuh tink hit waaas OK fi tief an tief an tief den...but, hit wrang now?

Suh yuh tink hit waas OK if treat wi different fram 'dem man deh' den...but, hit wrang now?

mental slavery and di ouse slave dem....??????????
          Last edited by Karl; July 6, 2007, 06:18 PM.
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Karl, thanks for doing the dirty work. Not sure if this will make any difference to them. Some will always believe that there are no external forces that keep some people down, no matter what they try or do.

"Pull yourself up by the bootstrap!"

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
              Karl, thanks for doing the dirty work. Not sure if this will make any difference to them. Some will always believe that there are no external forces that keep some people down, no matter what they try or do.

"Pull yourself up by the bootstrap!"
              External forces? Regular poppyshow argument! Statistical data prove that since 1972 the only time we made move forward was when the PNP was in self imposed exile. Gwaan form fool bout external forces.
              "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

my two cents: I just came back from
                JA. I was staying at a hotel and overheard a political argument between employees. One said "yuh tink a juss lock dat hotel juss lock up so? wait till ... win an yuh wi see how fast it open" even dat one cross di road wha dem let off yuh tink if ... so was in power it would still a run" Now they called the owners name for the first hotel. I can tell you that prior to 1972 these peopele could not even own a patty stand on the hip strip in Mobay but such is life. I was amazed that the emplyee was unwittingly agreeing to to the sabotage of the economy. why does it take one party to be in power for you to open an hotel? can these methods be practiced in the states or any developed country? Ja is a plantocracy and it's operating on a slavery menality. It seems that blacks on a whole can't get in the business circle where the real money is made and if they do they are forced out by certain tactics. One they don't own much land (go back to the days of the maroons) hence if their business is in certain area, land owners can degrade it by selling property around it for other usage hence literally slowing and destabilising a growing prospect. It's going to be hard for descendants of slaves to get into the tourism business (because this is a known cash cow). I think a new hope is there for the descendants of slaves because of the info age. The info age is not tied to prime real estate as does tourism hence a sound education system will propel the descendants of slaves to unimaginable heights. Mo and Karl thanks for your input once in a while I get some serious reasoning around here.

Comment

Oh well ... the site Chief Poppyshow has returned.

Comment

How much moving and shaking can waiters and waitresses do?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Who cares? Why yuh giving me reasons why I am going to fail? I tune out complainers like you and continue on my path to success. When i reach the top you will still be complaining but only now I will be the antagonist in your diatribe

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
                        Who cares? Why yuh giving me reasons why I am going to fail? I tune out complainers like you and continue on my path to success. When i reach the top you will still be complaining but only now I will be the antagonist in your diatribe
                        Mi tink UWI is the root of dis madness.. one breddah tell mi seh in him Statistics class dem a study Middle Passage..

Some forked up casualties of UWI walking around with them esoterics... no wonder Motty lick out gainst di Intellectual Ghetto.. is a breeding ground for conspiracy theorists and profundits..

Lee Kwan Yew sent his chosen people to top universtites in the US, Harvard, Standford, MIT to LEARN how it guh, we sent ours to UWI and Moscow..

Nuh wondah wi up $h1ts creek...

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                          External forces? Regular poppyshow argument! Statistical data prove that since 1972 the only time we made move forward was when the PNP was in self imposed exile. Gwaan form fool bout external forces.
                          That is the biggest piece of foolishness this board has ever seen. How on God's good Earth can you stand behind the thought that during the JLP's regime one could 'do it by self only' as Mosiah seh, "pull yourself up by the bootstrap", but under the PNP's regime you could not do it by self but need 'the government's help'?

Nonsense! Two diametrically opposed positions! Regular poppyshow argument, by whom?

Typical 'ber 'nancy' dance!
                          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

That is the biggest piece of foolishness this board has ever seen. How on God's good Earth can you stand behind the thought that during the JLP's regime one could 'do it by self only' as Mosiah seh, "pull yourself up by the bootstrap", but under the PNP's regime you could not do it by self but need 'the government's help'?

Nonsense! Two diametrically opposed positions! Regular poppyshow argument, by whom?

Um.. you do realize your platform is 28 years of sub-standard performance.. you do realize your platform has failed.. I mean please tell me you comprehend that..

Comment

Wait, I recall posting some data from the World Bank and the Klan VP on the site stated, "The figures may well be true, but no black dog fi monkey fi me!"

Now any joka that can say that lacks any objectivity. I can provide data to support my argument, poppyshows round here mek up noise bout CIA and other bull5hit argument.

Maudib talk about Statistics courses being taught using the Middle Passage. I figured it out. Whats the probability that of a boat load of slaves all the idiots would end up in Jamaica? What unuh ago say when Haiti pass we? Then again, unuh nuh care bout dat!

Comment

Originally posted by Maudib View Post
                                Um.. you do realize your platform is 28 years of sub-standard performance.. you do realize your platform has failed.. I mean please tell me you comprehend that..
                                Yuh nuh serious!

Comment

Working...
                                X