Obama master stroke???!! Supreme Court nominee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama master stroke???!! Supreme Court nominee

My thoughts on this is with the growing Asian American population almost 6% of population with 15 million plus. I would pick a Filipino or Vietnamese if one were qualified enough however I doubt that is the case, it seems an Indian is highly qualified, srinivasan I would pick him and that would force Republicans to further reject the immigrant other category which would make a excellent narrative going into election if Trump is nominee. Solidifying the moderate white, black, Latino, Asian bloc, you cannot win presidency with this block solidly against you.

So I am predicting that Srinivasan will be the pick, the pick creates its own waves with its own repercussions which the repubs will have to traverse.
    Last edited by Stonigut; March 16, 2016, 09:27 AM.

There he goes dividing the country again? Isn't an Indian Surgeon General enough?

Whomever he chooses, it will be a masterstroke. Srinivasan would definitely set them back in their sloppy tracks.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
      I would pick a Filipino or Vietnamese if one were qualified enough however I doubt that is the case...
      Really, Stoni? I think yuh out of order. Even Jamaica stood a chance having someone nominated. There are several highly qualified and respected Filipinos and Vietnamese who could be selected.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Oh well he went with a moderate old white male that everybody loves.

Makes no difference though , the Repubs won't confirm him unless they believe the general election is lost.
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Brilliant stretch Mo, yuh sure yuh last name is not Cruz?

Comment

Surprise, surprise, will be interesting to see how this plays out, maybe Srinivasan if they are bold enough to actually vote and reject garland.

Comment

Such a pick would divide the Red sea really well.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
                I would pick a Filipino or Vietnamese if one were qualified enough however I doubt that is the case...
                Guess my friend, Stoni, would like to take this back!!! Right?
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Funny stuff and not funny stuff, reads badly if you take it at a base face value but the key point I was aiming at is that you probably have a pretty shallow pool of potential supreme Court nominees with the kind of experience, knowledge and gravitas that can make a good supreme court judge, so that pool may not have sufficient qualified possibilities that we could find choices to suit such specific qualities like a Vietnamese woman etc etc, so no hit on the nationalities at all, more of a realization of the limits of the choice pool.

Comment

Wow!

I said basically the same thing Karl said. He gets a clumsy explanation. I am asked to check my surname!

After you're done apologizing to Asian people, I'll take mine right after. Thanks!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Mo yuh nuh Easy at all!

Comment

Working...
                      X