X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very good move, Anju!!

Gwaan Anju...first world by 2020

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...Riverton_54543

PRIME Minister Andrew Holness yesterday committed his Government to divesting the Riverton dump which has cost taxpayers millions of dollars to fight a spate of fires over the years, and which has triggered chronic respiratory illnesses in residents who live in its vicinity.

In tandem with that, Holness said his Administration will be introducing systemic waste separation and will be using the garbage stock at Riverton in a waste-to-energy project that will not only produce a cheaper source of energy, but will create additional employment opportunities as well.

this mean no more fiyah?
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Didn't Sir X suggest something to that effect months years

ago. Assassin help[me if I am wrong. I believed he said the State could get revenue from fines for various quality of life projects. Following this same vein households not recycling can be fined as well.
      "Everyone who knows me understands that I hold no prejudices in this regard....In the family atmosphere of the {RBSC}telethon, I forget that not everyone knows me that well." ....attributed to Jerry Lewis....

Comment

or is that Willi? Sir X will definitely correct me if I am wrong but mi know Willi unto that a long time ago.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Well, I LIVE it here.

$200 when dem search you garbage and it not in the $2 taxed white Bag. If you dont recycle, then you fill up the white bag too fast! On top of that you pay $80 per person per annum.

Serious ting dont tek it mek joke!

Comment

Divestment of Riverton landfill is a good thing.

Separation of garbage is also a good thing. However, if we have serious problems just disposing of garbage in the first place...

Gwaan Anju!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

That is one of the biggest difference I see in NY and Atlanta. In NY you had to recycle in NY or you would get a fine if you consistently fail to put out recycle. Here in most places in Georgia you don't even get a recycle bin and with companies it is optional, not a state regulation. But either way we have to learn to take better care of our environment.

Comment

Money in the garbage...especially owl electronics, but it also can be toxic to extract.

Comment

Over the years, the richest people in the world were probably pirates, slave traders, bankers, oil men, those in computers and related stuff (Jobs, Gates).

My prediction for the future? The richest people will be involved in waste management. Yes, the wasteman will be the man/woman with the cash!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Really a slow start by the PM.
                    There is MUCH work to be done given the bad job the PNP has done.
                    What appears to be the consensus amongst newly appointed ministers is they will stay the course (such a bad fob by the firmer govt)with a little tweaking here and there.
                    Get the ball rolling on the outlandish tax proposals,then we will entertain..
                    I feel I lost my whole paycheck to the three card man,and now he going for my piggybank.

Comment

What should be clear to Anju is it can't be business as usual if you're going to bring about real and lasting change to the lives of Jamaican people.

If you don't do something really different then nothing will be really different.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
                        Really a slow start by the PM.
                        There is MUCH work to be done given the bad job the PNP has done.
                        LOL! Nuh las' week di bredda guh inside deh???? But ah whe di...
                        TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Mah bad....yuh right...im slow fi choo

Is actually week before las' im tek office
                          TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

True to form Sass,keep it up no correction from me fada P,some man juss caaan gi man dem ratings,a suh it set.Dem call it red-eye.

Quality of life tax is a billion dollar business,memba mi tell yuh.
                            THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Brethren if you said it then take your ratings. I know Willi has spoken about it all the time.

Comment

Working...
                              X