Maxine Williams: The face of Facebook on diversity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maxine Williams: The face of Facebook on diversity

I heard the accent and knew she was West Indian.

Williams, a native of Trinidad, said she was looking for a new challenge after running the diversity program at a major U.S. law firm. She asked white male executives at Facebook why they cared about diversity.

They told her: "Facebook needs a broader range of perspectives to make this place as diverse as possible. Next year we have to look very different from what we look like now."

She says she was swayed by their commitment and the potential to address the racial and gender gap in the tech industry on such a large scale.
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2...sity/21523439/

BLACK LIVES MATTER

She was/is married to a Jamaican. Not sure if they're still together. I met them years ago when I first moved to T&T. I think she got the Fb appointment over a year ago, maybe even two.

She has a dynamic personality, and a dynamic body too I might add... although she not the young(er) "ting" I used to see wining on top of a truck at carnival time... Time, none of us can escape !
    Peter R

Comment

Just read the article fully... she's been there since 2013! Tempus fugit for real!
      Peter R

Comment

Working...
      X