Butch Stewart endorses Andrews tax break plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Butch Stewart endorses Andrews tax break plan

There has been so much loss in the value of the [Jamaican] currency that the $1.5 million tax break, in my view of understanding how money works, will give huge benefits to an enormous number of Jamaicans. These people will enjoy a better [standard of] living and they will end up spending the money. It will go right back into the economy and go right back into the coffers of the Government,” said Stewart, founder of the Sandals and Beaches hotel chains.
    http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...ax-break_53926
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Where was he before the election?

The tax break with do a lot for equity in pay for people of the lower middle class plus putting the tax on the higher earner is good. Jamaica is one of least equitable country when it comes to earning. As you said some of the taxes is going to have to come from other sources and growing the economy should not just be idle talk or an option. Simply WE NEED GROWTH and not what we have been getting over the last 2-3 decade.

Hope most of the money is spend on local good goods and services.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
    X