No announcement yet.

So what about land and or environment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what about land and or environment?

I haven't seen any minister or ministry. If they are merged with another ministry let it known. J.E.T. Start preparing placards. What about climate change?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

what exactly does the mister of land do.. same as culture I guess.. nothing

Comment

It may be here
      Horace Chang - Minister w/o portfolio with responsibility for water based at OPM

otherwise toss it here
      JC Hutchinson - Agriculture
      The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by OJ View Post
        what exactly does the mister of land do.. same as culture I guess.. nothing
        You might have a point!
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

It will be assigned to Chang in the OPM. He will have a few things: land, water, environment, UDC to name a few.
          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Time View Post
            It may be here
            Horace Chang - Minister w/o portfolio with responsibility for water based at OPM

otherwise toss it here
            JC Hutchinson - Agriculture
            If that's the case they need to make it known. Waiting to hear JET start mek up noise.

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
              It will be assigned to Chang in the OPM. He will have a few things: land, water, environment, UDC to name a few.
              Oh .. ok! Thanks.

Comment

This was before the official announcement but :

Members of the Government were mum when contacted by the Jamaica Observer yesterday. However, the newspaper was told by reliable sources that the ministry of economic growth and job creation, that Prime Minister Holness said during the election campaign he would create, will be based at the OPM.

So too, will the portfolios investment, land, works, housing, water, environment, planning, and climate change.

The OPM will also be responsible for the Urban Development Corporation and the National Housing Trust and will be supported by Dr Horace Chang and Daryl Vaz as ministers without portfolio.
                "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                  This was before the official announcement but :
                  Thanks ....was wondering if Holness was going to have to add to the cabinet already. There is an awful lot centered in the OPM, although he has 3 ministers with him.

Comment

I notice that, its like he wants to keep certain things very close to his chest. lets see how it works.

Comment

I like agriculture and industry and commerce. We need to be doing more food processing and value added to agriculture. This is major in reducing poverty. Only I think Tufton would be a better fit but I guess he has to earn his stipes back.
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                        Thanks ....was wondering if Holness was going to have to add to the cabinet already. There is an awful lot centered in the OPM, although he has 3 ministers with him.
                        One Tur...One Third? Or Quartah?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                          If that's the case they need to make it known. Waiting to hear JET start mek up noise.
                          "I am disappointed to see that there is no environment ministry and no environment minister. It appears the environment will be under the Office of the Prime Minister along with a lot of different, other important national areas and I fear the environment focus will be lost in the other priorities," said Diana McCaulay, Chief Executive Officer of the Jamaica Environment Trust (JET).

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/n...pping-ministry

I me here a few years ago. She means well.
                          The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

I understand Lime Cay is fast disappearing with the rising ocean levels. Is that what is occurring at Hellshire and Negril, or is that regular old beach erosion?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                            X