Bruce Golding: IMF Absolutely important - Hmm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bruce Golding: IMF Absolutely important - Hmm

“Going forward, it is going to be absolutely important to ensure that the programme is not derailed or disrupted, and the impression I have is that that is the commitment of Andrew Holness and his team,” he added.

http://m.jamaicaobserver.com/mobile/...-Golding_53786

I wonder what that mean for the $1.5 million tax relief? The loss revenure has to come from somewhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Increase GCT or some other tax that widens the net. The income tax system in countries like Jamaica is grossly unfair.

Pity Holness and Shaw were so vocally against the ATM/bank tax that Phillips had to withdraw. That would have been a good replacement for some of the lost income tax revenue.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

one of the reason people were angry was the banks by themselves are charging so many fees just for people to bank and while the government said it was getting the bank to reduce these charges, turn around and put more fees unto it?

I man in Ja you have to pay fee to bank your money, fee for withdrawal and all kind of fees and charges. What was the message sent to the banks? and the people who use the bank?

GCT may have to be raised but to be fair who is the biggest law breaker when it comes to PAYE? The government itself. Over 55 Billion owe and I can guess that maybe close to half is owed by government institution.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

To be fair, the ATM/bank tax was universally loathed! Hero could have lost his own seat had he kept it.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Yes it was. I always liked it though.

BTW you saw Sickkos FB post about the MoBay people dem who a ask him when Andrew a go send de $18,000 like him promise? All who nah work a make plans fe dem $18,000.

Me sorry fe Man a Yard when him haffe break it to dem.
          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Sass, a lot of US banks have similar fees. We could debate which one is more burdensome than the other but US banks have similar fees.

The good thing about the US is, if you shop around you may be able to avoid some or most of them. In Jamaica, you're pretty much stuck. Any weh yuh tun macka jook yuh!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Wha yuh a talk bout? Mi done full out my form complete wid TRN a wait pon fi mi $18 gran!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

The problem with many of those fees in Jamaica is that it is recent and it kept on rising and rising. I don't know of any bank with fees for depositing and withdrawal in the US but as you said you can shop around. Just join a local back or credit union and you can get rid of a lot of the fees by the big bank.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

they said for people who earn up to1.5 million, not 5.1 and higher

Base on what is said you should be paying more taxes

Comment

Like di DayWalkin' Vampiya did preach back in di day....

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                    BTW you saw Sickkos FB post about the MoBay people dem who a ask him when Andrew a go send de $18,000 like him promise? All who nah work a make plans fe dem $18,000.

Me sorry fe Man a Yard when him haffe break it to dem.
                    Money soon start jingle inna man pakit!!

Anju learned well from im Vampiya patron....Woooiiiieee mi lickylicky FishHead politricks!!
                    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

I also heard that there was an age restriction, was it 30 to 55? He did say that he was very specific.
                      The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

An age restriction on the income tax break? That doesn't sound right.

Comment

that's another tax on my money.. I pay when I earn, when I spend and you want to tax when I withdraw.. no sah.. Grow the economy..

Comment

Originally posted by Time View Post
                            I also heard that there was an age restriction, was it 30 to 55? He did say that he was very specific.
                            Seriously dude?
                            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

That's why I prefer the approach of reducing tax on earnings which is only paid by the unfortunate few who can't get around it, and tax in places where everyone will get touch. ATM sounds like a good candidate for that.

Comment

Working...
                              X