Wolmer's Boys back in top 10, KC and JC made progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wolmer's Boys back in top 10, KC and JC made progress

In the 2016 edition of the Educate Jamaica's Caribbean Secondary Education Certificate (CSEC) rankings, only one all-boys institution has made it into the top ten. Wolmer's Boys School moved up two places and was ranked ninth for its performance in the 2015 sitting of the CSEC exams.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/n...ervention-boys

I can't find the complete list but base on what I saw KC and JC made progess.
    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

List here:

http://3jamaica.com/jamaica-top-perf...-in-csec-2016/

Comment

Congrats to Wulmaz
      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Should I be disappointed that the new MOE could not significantly improve JC's ranking after 10 years? Yet he wants to make a mark on national education standards in a mere 2?

I know...robotics, STEM and the rest, but at the end of the day the students were faced with CSEC and CAPE.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
          Should I be disappointed that the new MOE could not significantly improve JC's ranking after 10 years? Yet he wants to make a mark on national education standards in a mere 2?

I know...robotics, STEM and the rest, but at the end of the day the students were faced with CSEC and CAPE.
          JC is now at 76%. I am not sure but I believe that they were in the 60+% region last year. If true then he made progress in the 10th year, it is a big ship, it takes time to turn

Looks like the Public would like to see Dr Small take over from Mr Reid.

https://educatejamaica.org/index.php...ca-College/400
          The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Dr. Walton Small...sigh!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

hopefully my friend Mikey Speid will be the next JTA president. He will have the opportunity to work with the new Minister of Education and hopefully they will create some progressive policies.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

One could make an argument for that disappointment I suppose

I actually tried sending u a PM on a sensitive issue in response to your post yesterday on his appointment...but yuh box chuk up

JC's firefighting of severe systemic academic & other maladies is over...and the trend is now in a positive vector. However it's much slower than desirable and that is the subject of attention at the moment. There are internal management issues to be addressed.
                The size of school @ 1900 boys is a definite factor. We had ~800 in my day

I wouldn't discount the impact of our STEM programming. JC leads not just Jamaica but the entire region in innovation and so is THE model institution in that critical area

It is only by embracing & mastering knowledge apps & technology that Jamaica can be prosperous... so moreso than any other school, JC is clearly at the leading edge of Jamaican development prospects

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Trying to clear my PM inbox but having difficulties. Sorry about that!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Trying to clear my PM inbox but having difficulties. Sorry about that!
                    trying push di delete button...dat werk fi mi juss wheday

Comment

While in uh celebrating 9th place some people are In misery over thier second place finish

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                        While in uh celebrating 9th place some people are In misery over thier second place finish
                        We are celebrating 1st place among the all boys. It is tough for an all boys school to knock off the top co-ed school and almost impossible to knock off the top all girls school.

Campion need fi si dung, it is nature taking its course!!! They should be expect beaten by the top all girls school.

On a serious note, last year I spoke to the to Wolmer's Principals and they said that these ratings mean a lot to the Principals. Hush!

Comment

Munro not even in top 20.

I'm inconsolable!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                          X