RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New JLP Cabinet - Has JC lost it's Principal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Time View Post
    Reid is there. I heard that he is not giving up his permanent job at JC and is only signing on for two years. There may be a new election in two years.
    Permanent job?!?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

If this secondment thing is true I think he should just stay at JC and done.

I know he went to a good school and everything but how conceited do you have to be to think you can sort out a ministry and set it on it's proper path in 2 years and then walk away?

He should either commit to it for a solid 5 years or none at all.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
        If this secondment thing is true I think he should just stay at JC and done.

I know he went to a good school and everything but how conceited do you have to be to think you can sort out a ministry and set it on it's proper path in 2 years and then walk away?

He should either commit to it for a solid 5 years or none at all.
        The man answers to a board. Can we wait to see what happens during his tenure and if he is needed to stay on get the feedback from the board? When Don Webhy was in the same position, he didn't stay the entire time.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

That is not what I meant. I know that Senators are appointed. Duh! I mean that he is edging his bet that the JLP will call General Election in within two years. They could call I because of a defection, a death or even because they believe that they can win more seats.
          The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...r-------_53932
            The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

And all I'm saying is, if true, he either chooses to continue answering to the JC board or he chooses to answer to the Jamaican people.

Don Wehby's situation was not exactly the same as Ruel's. You may choose to examine the differences at your leisure. Or not.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

But why, if both boards are in agreement with the situation?

If creative arrangements like these are what it will take to get more competent private citizens involved in government then why not try it?
                "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

I appreciate the creativity. But the signal I get from it is a lack of confidence on the political side.

I guess it's not such a big deal. Half of these politicians can run back to their struggling legal practices if it don't work out fi dem. At least they didn't give a time limit when in politics tho.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Are the two other legs combined less than the length of what Boyah did before it came to a grinding halt ?

Comment

Gwwan wid yuh ruler! Go measure it!

Is Mike Henry baby!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                      X