RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New JLP Cabinet - Has JC lost it's Principal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New JLP Cabinet - Has JC lost it's Principal?

1.Chris Tufton - Health Minister
    2. Bobby Montague - Security Minister
    3. Kamina Johnson Smith - Foreign Affairs
    4. Daryl Vaz - w/o portfolio Growth and Dev.
    5. Ed Bartlett - Tourism Minister
    6. Andrew Wheatley - Energy, Science, Tech.
    7. Marlene Malahoo - AG
    8. JC Hutchinson - Agriculture
    9. Mike Henry - Transport
    10. Ruel Reid - Education and Information
    11. Karl Samuda - Industry, Comm, Fisheries
    13. Olivia Grange - Gender Affairs and Sports
    14. Andrew Holness - PM and Defence
    15. Audley Shaw - Finance & Planning
    16. Delroy Chuck - Justice Minister
    17. Horace Chang - Minister w/o portfolio with responsibility for water based at OPM
    18. Shahine Robinson - Labour and Soc Sec
    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

I'm personally over the moon for Ruel Reid as Minister of Education

Ruel was a junior to me in high school. I remember him well. He was always extremely neat and well-spoken. I can't remember a word of Patwah leaving his lips. (His loss!) I guess that will give comfort to many of us who don't believe Patwah should have a place in Jamaica, whether as a formal language or as a method of instruction. Anyway, that's for another post.

Ruel and I were on opposite sides of the Ganja 5 at Munro College debate several years ago when he taught there. But the respect was always there.

Politicians like to talk about their humble beginnings, and indeed many are true. I can attest to Ruel's when I attended his brother's funeral in St. Elizabeth. I'm so proud to see his rise from one of St. Bess's humblest regions.

Not trying to loud up di man ting, but credit to him for his unwavering dedication to education and a very purposeful life.

I wish him all the best!

Bobo ski watten!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

While very happy for Ruel, was looking to see some new faces signaling a new era in JA Politics..Oh well. me having high expectations...was never impressed with Holness. Pearnel Charles for Leader of the House and famous Finson who defends the must drug dealers and murders as Senate President...Jamaica won't be turning any corners with this admin.

Comment

I'm also disappointed in the recycling of many ministers, but I shall remain positive!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Plush View Post
          While very happy for Ruel, was looking to see some new faces signaling a new era in JA Politics..Oh well. me having high expectations...was never impressed with Holness. Pearnel Charles for Leader of the House and famous Finson who defends the must drug dealers and murders as Senate President...Jamaica won't be turning any corners with this admin.
          Who will be the new speaker of the house with the all powerful casting vote when the votes are locked at 31 Government and 31 Opposition.
          The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Pearnel Charles...I guess it makes sense..Holness using someone that will be a puppet and do what is being told. I wonder if any secret letters were signed this time around

Comment

Mi have some soapbox a sell ... look like yuh need 2.
              "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Pearnel Charles...I guess it makes sense..Holness using someone that will be a puppet and do what is being told. I wonder if any secret letters were signed this time around
                Has any list been confirmed ... yet unuh start complain already?
                "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Guess both papers got it wrong including the said people who mentioned it...Lazie mi bredrin, why everything said about the JLP and your highness Holness is seen as an attack? You know I'm actually happy him win...just was hoping now that he has 5 years, he would bring us some freshness...a signal of change from the old corrupted politics to a new era...Starting with Charles and Finson definitely doesn't send that message..For Finson, he made a lot of money defending the Dudus type...and he has a good record of doing it and so he keeps taking on cases for known murders and drug dealers....now u make him president of one of the body's responsible for making laws to stop the dudus types......conflict? I guess not, normal day in JA politics.

Comment

Pace yuhself, Lazie! Or are you expecting a short reign for Anju?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Lazie likes to describe others as tribal. There is no bigger tribalist than Lazie!

Yuh think he'd ever wish the PNP any good?! He has been miserable and bitter for the better part of the last 30 years.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Interesting approach to base the Growth and Development as well as Housing/Water in the PMs office.

Hopefully Mike Henry will retire after the next phase of the highway project is completed, I will tolerate him until then since it was his baby. I would also have liked to see Chang and Babsy put out to pasture, but no luck with that.

I will be watching Wheatley and his energy/science/tech ministry closely, and I hope the PNP appoints Julian Robinson the opposition spokesman for that sector. He will likely be the next PNP General Secretary as well since the Burke husband and wife team has been facing some serious and well deserved backlash from the party faithful.
                        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                          Pace yuhself, Lazie! Or are you expecting a short reign for Anju?
                          Me must pace myself? You need to look in the mirror and say that again.

Comment

The last time y'all were there it was a grand total of 4 miserable years. Dat a anything fi pace miself over? KMT!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

What exactly was Mike Henry's baby?!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                              X