What is the problem people have with Shaw being

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the problem people have with Shaw being

Minister of Finance? On RJR last evening with DJM she had people picking the cabinet .... and some are saying they didn't want Shaw as MOF. Did I miss something somewhere? What dem have against Shaw?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

I was against Shaw returning to that ministry myself, but this editorial makes a good case for him returning.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...eal-deal_53345

Perhaps we have underated his performance because of his big mouth as well as the state of the economy he had to deal with during his tenure.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
      I was against Shaw returning to that ministry myself, but this editorial makes a good case for him returning.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...eal-deal_53345

Perhaps we have underated his perfoemance because of his big mouth as well as the nature of the economy he had to deal with during his tenure.
      Didn't even know about the editorial. What was it that caused you not to want him back there. I'm just curious if I missed something.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

He tends to say things at times which would make you think he has no clue what he is talking about. For example a US$5000 minimum wage? Really? That is Bernie Sanders like fantasy.
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

He tends to say things at times which would make you think he has no clue what he is talking about. For example a US$5000 minimum wage? Really? That is Bernie Sanders like fantasy.
          The man made a suggestion arguing it would be a more livable wage. One can agree or disagree but I don't see that as a means to disqualify the man.

Comment

Why stop at US$ 5000 then ? Why not make it US$15,000 , that nuh even more livable?

It was a moronic thing for someone who is supposed to know how an economy operates to say. It doesn't disqualify him but that type of talk doesn't inspire confidence either. But it was the silly season so I understand that.

Comment

Sigh!

Positivity wi seh, don't!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Why stop at US$ 5000 then ? Why not make it US$15,000 , that nuh even more livable?

It was a moronic thing for someone who is supposed to know how an economy operates to say. It doesn't disqualify him but that type of talk doesn't inspire confidence either. But it was the silly season so I understand that.
                I know what the problem is .. people cringe when Shaw speaks, thinking he has no clue ...he has been mocked in Parliament and on the airwaves ... anyway ... thanks for posting the link for the editorial.

Comment

Let's see if he sings a differnt Sankey from the other side of the floor

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                  X