No announcement yet.

Mark Shields

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would you put Jamaica's NATIONAL SECURITY in the hands of a foreigner?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Define Foreigner..

Comment

Someone who holds only a Jamaican passport.

Any more questions?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Dat nuh mek sense.. how dat muss be a farinah ?

Comment

Yuh sound like one ah dem 'Birthers'..

I would get that checked out..

Comment

True. Mek sense a it fi mi plz. I think you know what I'm talking about.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Assasin, come talk to mi and mek Ben go one side.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I think I understand your fear.. based on the treasonous behavior of the last PNP Minister of Security before Bunting..

Comment

Ok!

(Have no idea what he's taking about! But that's ok!)

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

though we did put it in the hands of foreigner about 15 years ago when we imported about 4 English policemen with pretty much blanket authority.

Is Shields a Jamaican citizen? If there is nothing in the constitution that say he can't be the Minister then I don't have a problem if he does a good job.
                      In the meanwhile you can help craft the new legislation with your concern.
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Assasin, come now, don't be silly. Those officers had several levels reporting to. Cut the crap about blanket authority!

We're talking here of the Minister of National Security. Yes, he'd answer to the the PM and the GG, but he'd be pretty much up there.

I'm not referring to Shields in particular. Anyway, it seems clear that your answer is simply, if the constitution allows it then you don't have a problem. I hope that remains true going forward.

Thanks!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

yes it remains true. If we have a problem with it then we draw better legislations.

If he is qualified and can lead us to be a safer country then I have no problem. I only have problems when they fail to perform. Again is Shields a Jamaican citizen??? If he is, and what if he no longer hold's a British citizenship, does that make him qualify?
                          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                            yes it remains true. If we have a problem with it then we draw better legislations.

If he is qualified and can lead us to be a safer country then I have no problem. I only have problems when they fail to perform. Again is Shields a Jamaican citizen??? If he is, and what if he no longer hold's a British citizenship, does that make him qualify?
                            So, we agree to disagree. I want my MONS to be a Jamaican national, regards of how he acquired it.

Again, it's not about Shields so I don't care if he's Jamaican or not. I'll care if and when he's appointed.

So, did you have a problem when they recruited the British officers some years ago?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

It was not my brightest moment. I would always like to know that Jamaicans(wherever they live or how they acquire their citizenship) take care of Jamaican business but if we fail to do it ourselves then it means others will try. Again as a Jamaican, not the proudest moment but our force was far too corrupt and somebody had to do something.

Let us get the crime down and we don't even have to think about hiring anybody from outside unless like Cayman and Bermuda we have nobody who actually want the job.

Comment

I'd hire them again and again if they brought something new, different and better to the JCF. And I believe they did that. But the MONS position would be reserved for a Jamaican.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                                X