No announcement yet.

Mark Shields

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The force in the early 2000s was far too corrupt in my opinion. While they are not where we want them, it is in a better position today.

"But the MONS position would be reserved for a Jamaican."

But is Shields now a Jamaican? He has been in Jamaica for a good while. He has also served the JCF. If he is, why is he not qualified?
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
      The force in the early 2000s was far too corrupt in my opinion. While they are not where we want them, it is in a better position today.

"But the MONS position would be reserved for a Jamaican."

But is Shields now a Jamaican? He has been in Jamaica for a good while. He has also served the JCF. If he is, why is he not qualified?
      Is that question meant for me? Because I never said he wasn't qualified.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

This one is for you. Mark Shields or Derrick Smith?

I know who I will choose
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

He is married to a Jamaican so he certainly qualifies for citizenship. All he would have to do is apply if he hasn't already done that.
          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Him bettah mine him get Ted Cruzed trump style. "He wasn't born here"

Comment

He is a commonwealth citizen. The constitution would allow that. I am pretty sure however that he is now a Jamaican citizen.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

That's right. Forgot that. would be an interesting choice for many reasons.

Comment

I know it wouldn't be the obvious Jamaican one!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Jamaica's NATIONAL Security interest lies in the DEFENCE portfolio, not in the MoNS.

Bad nomenclature coming from splintering too many Westminster moggle portfolios.

In the UK you have an INTERIOR Minister and a WAR minister.

Comment

Even a Mozambican Citizen ordinarily resident in Jam for 1 year can vote and after gaining Dual citizenship can serve in Parliament if elected or appointed to the Senate with FULL rights.

Mozambique was never a part of the British Empire.

Comment

Yuh mixing up MoNS with Defence.

Defence portfolio is in charge of TRUE National Security. The MoD can sign papers to deploy the mechanized units across the land and authorize then to use earth moving artillary. The safety of the realm is in their hands.

Yuh think the NSA in the US deal with police matters?

Comment

So a caller asked Emily Shields on the air if her husband will be in the Senate. I hear she gave a big laugh and said he hasn't been asked nor is he interested.
                          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                            So a caller asked Emily Shields on the air if her husband will be in the Senate. I hear she gave a big laugh and said he hasn't been asked nor is he interested.
                            I thought she was only on the air on Fridays. I like listening to her.
                            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                              http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...in-JLP-Cabinet
                              The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Why didn't they use a picture of her instead of one of her husband?
                                It is a peep into Shields' mind,what I found peculiar is she did not say 'at this time,..'.

Comment

Working...
                                X