Termites vs ChiChis-- Crawling to a Rematch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Termites vs ChiChis-- Crawling to a Rematch

New Polls Loom - Razor-Thin Majority Expected To Force Next Government Into Early Elections

Published:Monday | February 29, 2016 | 12:00 AM Gary Spaulding

Jamaica seems set to return to the polls in very short order, with indications that either of the two major parties that crawls out of last Thursday's election on top could end up governing with a majority of one in the House of Representatives.

But more worrying for political commentator Dr Paul Ashley is what he described as the 159-vote mistake by the Electoral Office of Jamaica (EOJ), which, he said, has sent the electoral process into a tailspin.

Dr Horace Chang, general secretary of the Jamaica Labour Party (JLP), has acknowledged that an early election could be in the making. "In our system, even a one-vote majority can function, but it would not be appropriate to maintain for any long period," Chang told The Gleaner yesterday.

He added: "Some decisions will have to be taken early, and the possibility of an early election would, in fact, arise."
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

wrong again...anju will not call early elections...unnuh goin suffer in the wilderness

Comment

People assuming that the only risk is that of a govt MP crossing the floor. I am going out on a limb to say IMHO there is a greater risk of the crossing coming from the opposition.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
        People assuming that the only risk is that of a govt MP crossing the floor. I am going out on a limb to say IMHO there is a greater risk of the crossing coming from the opposition.
        This article doesn't address defections...just the difficult mechanics of governing with a 1 seat majority..In effect it’s a win but not a mandate

The JLP General Secretary appears to believe that it won't last a full term.

Let's see if he's correct....or not. Keep hope alive
        TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Dunn side is confident they will get back the seat in court. There is also one seat in Mobay that is going to recount. Let us see how it goes
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

exactamundo my friend...

Comment

That's a good point.

However crossing or not it will take quite a bit of management skill to govern. I suspect that attendance at Gordon House will be near record levels
              Last edited by Islandman; March 1, 2016, 09:24 AM.
              "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

We will find out if Holness has grown as a leader or not. The next few days going to tell a lot. So far he has ordered all the government cars be turned in, good move. You shouldn't be able to buy a new are less than 4 year old for litle and nothing.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                  We will find out if Holness has grown as a leader or not. The next few days going to tell a lot. So far he has ordered all the government cars be turned in, good move. You shouldn't be able to buy a new are less than 4 year old for litle and nothing.
                  " good move" you say? So why is he getting flak for it?

Facebook post on the weekend relating to the sale of government motor vehicles will not contribute to the atmosphere of co-operation that his Administration will need when it takes office.
                  For while Mr Holness’s party has won the election, he needs to accept the fact that he has not yet taken the oath of office, and as such is not, at this time, the prime minister of Jamaica.
                  Therefore, his telling us that he has indicated to the Cabinet Secretary, the financial secretary and the permanent secretary of the Office of the Prime Minister that he does not intend to continue the policy of selling government vehicles to the ministers who had use of them is ill-timed.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/edito...w-------_53239
                  "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

As usual I think. How much will it save the current government? When they buy spanking new vechile, we talk about it too. What do we want?

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                      As usual I think. How much will it save the current government? When they buy spanking new vechile, we talk about it too. What do we want?
                      Hey bro, don't shoot the messenger.
                      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Sounds like a prayer.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

nope...it's a promise

Comment

Working...
                          X