RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Electoral office having their press conference now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electoral office having their press conference now.

They say 62 of 63 constituencies final count in. West St Thomas outstanding and counting still going on.

They are mostly explaining how the counting process works and why the integrity of the result has not been compromised.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Seen it rumour on Facebook about marking X beside symbols that they may throw out votes if it is marked to the right and not to the left. Did they address that?
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Not yet.

People who have reviewed the official rules say that it should not matter where the X is as long as the intention of the voter is clear.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

He said final recount will be completed on Wednesday. However if a magisterial recount is requested (and this is certain to happen) it could be 4 more days.

He also suggested that ballots which they have discarded may be re-included in the magisterial recount as the courts look more closely at intent than the EOC do.

Comment

Correction, he said count will be completed today, but GG will be informed by Wednesday.

Comment

Someone just asked about the X being rejected because of it being on the left and right. He said presiding officer may reject ballots but the magistrate will have the final say.

I can't see how the swearing in will take place this week. Sigh.

Comment

yep that I hear is a contention in SE St. Mary. This is a big let down by the EOJ. Why weren't a box provided on the ballot?
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Looking at the ballot I can't see why there should be any issue that a box would solve, because then someone would argue that if the X not in the box then it is not a good vote.

Why should it be an issue if the X is on the left or right?

Comment

I understand people were told it doesn't matter where they put the X (left or right), but when it is counted they rejected the ones with the X on the left.

It is not so much the design but the information that was given, why isn't the EOJ accepting everything? if that is the case. If a box was provided on the ballot then and the instruction was to put the X in the box, they would be on a better standing ground, a so mi see it.

Comment

Questions being asked about authority to move the West St Thomas counting and if it was legal to do the count outside the parish. He said the officers were getting nervous because tension was building. He said both parties agreed to move the count and it did not break any law.

Comment

He said that only the magistrate can determine intention. That one will surely go to court,
                      The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Yes it sounds like the information was not consistent. However if what he says about the court using intent as a guideline then there is a very good chance it will go back to the JLP, as long as they can find more than 9 of those votes.

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                          Looking at the ballot I can't see why there should be any issue that a box would solve, because then someone would argue that if the X not in the box then it is not a good vote.

Why should it be an issue if the X is on the left or right?

Hanging chad....Yard stylee
                          TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Working...
                          X