Omar Davis collased and now in hospital

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Omar Davis collased and now in hospital

I wish him all the best. Did Omar Davis run for re-election?
    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Yes he won his seat.

This brings up yet another issue of a 1 seat margin....a bi-election could result in the governing party losing majority.

I am pretty sure Jamaica will be having another election in 1-2 years. This instability cannot hold.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

wish him a speedy recovery.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
        Yes he won his seat.

This brings up yet another issue of a 1 seat margin....a bi-election could result in the governing party losing majority.

I am pretty sure Jamaica will be having another election in 1-2 years. This instability cannot hold.
        I don't think his seat would be an issue. Isn't it a safe PNP seat?
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Only you and probably Ben couldn't win down there on a PNP ticket.

Comment

Not his seat, no. My point was that it wouldn't necessarily take an MP actively leaving the party to change the balance of power. The untimely passing of one of them could do it as well.

Either way, Holness may be in for some serious headaches if the current one seat majority holds. One of his rivals who he has dissed could easily use the situation to make major demands of him.
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Rudi View Post
              Only you and probably Ben couldn't win down there on a PNP ticket.
              Probably? I would be chased out of town.
              "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Bad situation all around. I hope the country is not put on hold until a sizeable majority is achieved.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Nah man not out of town. Just up the street to the torture chambers of Tivahli.
                  LOL.

Comment

It could be good for democracy but that depends on the people involve.

The good thing about the Westminister style is, it only speak to majority, and it most case even if you have 1 seat, you can still pass laws without opposition support unlike the US system. If it was a US style democracy we maybe in a deadlock.
                    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

The seat is a safe PNP seat. However, if he out for a long time the special pressure that a one seat majority creates is lessened.
                      The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

By election .... Bi election is something else altogether ... Just saying

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

LOL Ok thanks Boss

Comment

can you explain? I only know of "buy election"

Comment

LOL
                              Peter R

Comment

Working...
                              X