JLP 32 to PNP 31 - St Mary South East

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JLP 32 to PNP 31 - St Mary South East

Things getting interesting. The PNP has won another seat (by 9 votes) via recount.
    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Lawd have Mercy. Bricky whey yuh deh? If worse come to worse swear in Andew fi two years and P tek di last two.

Comment

So, so Suposen say Malahoo-Forte nuh tek har medication an decide fi cross di floor one mawnin.

Comment

She better tek har meds. Wi nuh need har.

KMT

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Wooieee but yuh nuh easy? Okay marlene make note on sticky (put on laptop)
          must take meds especially when going to Gordon house LOL also give Andrew some to keep for me.

There you have it now Mo

Comment

I hope no ginnalship nah gwaan
            "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Comment

Likewise, Henry said the decision not to participate in the National Political Debates was almost a fatal, self-inflicted blow by the PNP, “and I am still trying to figure out who made the final call on that matter, as it was one of the most illogical decisions I have come across in my long political career.”

He said, even after “almost the entire Jamaica, including PNP interests, flayed the decision not to debate, they chose to travel at full blast down a dead-end road, and somehow did not expect to hit a rock or a hard place in the process.”

http://www.loopjamaica.com/content/m...P142k.facebook
              THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

More like cause for concern. If the PNP was to win another recount and flip the result what then? I had some concerns about this when I saw the close result and when Portia gave that signal about checking the counts.

Perhaps they should delay Andrews swearing in for another week to avoid a constitutional crisis?
                "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Lol......lol....lol...lol....Love it.
                  THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

No need. The EOJ makes an official pronouncement and if anyone wants to make a constitutional challenge they can but in the meanwhile the country has to be governed whomever is declared the winner

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Dr. Dunn already said he is making that challenge and said he thinks he will win. I have a lot of family in that constituency and West Portland as they border each other. Let us see how the challenge go.
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Just saw that Dr. Dunn said he has retained his seat by 15 votes after recount.

do you think somebody can't count or them hiding some ballots?
                        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Or both .... How come ballots seem to be appearing and disappearing? I think the EOJ signed off on Green's win. At least that is what one report that I read seems to suggest

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

yeah just found his page and it seems so.

Comment

I understand , and I guess recounts could go on for a while. It gives me an uncomfortable feeling though.

Any idea what would have to be done constitutionally in the unlikely scenario that two seats get reversed and it is held up in court?

Also, given the margin is likely to be one seat, what happens if a member of the majority leaves the party , or crosses the aisle? I am guessing there would have to be another election, or does the sittting PM have the legal right to continue?

Unprecedented times.
                              "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Working...
                              X