Congrats to the JLP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats to the JLP

Food for thought, the JLP was the 1st one term government, the PNP 2nd ? I sense that the people are fed up and want progressive change and they arent giving no party 2 terms or 3 to come through and deliver progressive change.

Its seems as if our democracy has awoken and the revolution that i begged for is here

JLP , 1 term again ?....jusss asking !

Now is the time for the JLP to seize the progressive mantle, I wish them the best.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Minister_of_Jamaica
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

What should a 33-30 margin mean for the country?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

You know what would be great? If just a few of the govt MPs would vote on their conscience every now and again instead of always toeing the party line. With such an evenly divided House that could really shake things up in terms of how the country is governed.But I may be asking for too much too soon.

Perhaps I should just celebrate the idea that the articulate minority probably did make a difference this time around. It was close enough for them to matter. I would bet that Holness will have a few press conferences and do a few interviews.
      Last edited by Islandman; February 26, 2016, 11:49 AM.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Looking forward to a big change where the prime minister can speak to the people regularly, not just when election is nigh. And he does that while working, working, working!

Yes, I really hope it's about Jamaica now and we leave the party thing aside, if even just for a couple years. Let's see what Anju has planned for the good of the country and work with him to achieve lasting betterment.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I tend to agree with I-Man down below and want to think that it can and wi happen that the party line is always towed!

Arthur Williams and Tufton are some relieved peoe right now. They probably will not have to vote on the CCJ. I hope the referendum argument is abandoned but not hopeful

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

The Jamaican electorate is maturing.

Voter turnout was again low, and the received wisdom was always that a low turnout favours the PNP, because they had a larger base of diehard supporters. Clearly, political supporters are no longer as diehard as they used to be. The Jamaican electorate is maturing.

A big lesson from this campaign is that you disrespect the 'articulate minority' at your peril. With the level of Internet and smartphone penetration throughout Jamaica, they may, in fact, no longer be in the minority. The Jamaican electorate is maturing.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/c...itter-medicine
            THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

1 Term.. possible..

Could be another historic Global recession licking out the 3 pillars of foreign exchange earnings, by-elections for a couple years and a 'Dudus' scenario at the same time.. then throw in a hurricane for good measure just in case..

Anyting possible..

Comment

Not while the party leader has the option to call a snap election and replace them with a new candidate.
                The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Working...
                X