Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The big winners

Good yute!

Floyd Green (St Elizabeth South Western)*— The St Elizabeth home-grown lad made an immediate impact ever since his ascendency as the JLP’s candidate caretaker for the St Elizabeth South Western constituency. He successfully used strong presence in the constituency, allied by a robust road programme, to beat incumbent Hugh Buchanan. In doing so, he earned (preliminary count) a victory margin of 2,088 — one of the largest ever in this notorious weathervane constituency. Green was particularly strong in the regular and social media where he often espoused the plight of his constituents. Green is without doubt a rising star on the country’s political scene.

http://m.jamaicaobserver.com/mobile/...-winners_52925

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Mosiah do you think Malahoo forte will make a good MP? And in respect of your answer...why or why not as the case may be

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Floyd couldn't lose that seat...Hugo is a f*ck up...get drunk & **** up himself...comrades said they won't vote Floyd but they aren't voting for Hugo...i told you guys this a long time ago

Comment

Well, when yuh have suh much mouth, it behooves you to perform when your time come. I don't think she can change her nasty personality but I wish her well for Jamaica's sake.

And if she slip, I will be her worst nightmare!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Don't remember all of that from you but I know him to some degree and I was impressed in how he presented himself and his ideas from the very first time. People like him deserve to be MPs. And so does Imani Duncan Pryce but politics wins over good common sense sometimes

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

my bredrin is his floyd campaign manager...the comrades seh no more hugo from long time...they roll out portia & kd down there & couldn't help him...

Comment

You have not answered my question

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Regarding Imani, why does she deserve to be an MP?

Comment

I have answered the best I know how.

How will I know if she'll make a good MP?! That's impossible for me to say. I know her from a distance and what I've heard about her. None of that determines if she'll make a good MP or a good minister of health, if indeed she gets that portfolio.

But for someone who couldn't wait to find fault with everyone, accusing and impugning, she had better do a good job as MP and minister, because some, like myself, are ready to call her out.

And that, my friend, is as good and as honest a response you'll get from anyone on this Forum.

Mawnin, Lazie!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Because she is bright, civil and believes in personal responsibility, upward mobility and all rest of it. From what I have seen of her, I believe she could have made a difference in the lives of residents of a depressed community, leading them on to a path of real prosperity.

I think she was a very good senator, as well.

Have you ever watched an interview with her?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Don't know what was happening on the ground but Floyd is someone a good comrade could have voted for. And clearly, some did!

I know his constituency very well. The people are educated and hard working and they know a good thing when the see it. As you know, Floyd knows his constituency as well and he went to a good school!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Mosiah, that has NEVER stopped you from having an opinion before! Furthermore I believe I asked if you THINK she would make a good MP no one knows these things for sure.

If yuh seh because yuh nuh like her voice that is ok too SMH

Comment

Ok. I don't think she'll be a good MP.

Why? Cause she too abrasive.

Positivity wi seh now tho! Marlene alright!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I am very happy for Juliet Cuthbert Flynn. I didn't think she was going to win and wasn't convinced that her running for a seat was a good idea as she doesn't have the type of personality that makes her a good politician. Then when there was that phone recording of her telling some of her constituency workers bout dem claaat and rumours of her being replaced at the last minute it did not look good for her. But she won fairly comfortably in the end and I congratulate her for showing that determination and grit she has always been known for on the campaign trail.

I hear some calling for her to serve in the Ministry of Sport but I can't see that happening as a first time MP who is also pregnant at 51. However maybe I will have underestimated her again.
                            Last edited by Islandman; February 26, 2016, 11:29 AM.
                            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

She and Trump...no, positivity wi seh, don't?

When she was on the radio she spoke with conviction on many topics, especially banned drugs in sport. I think she'll do fine!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                              X