I like Peter Phillips.....If the constitution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like Peter Phillips.....If the constitution

allowed me to vote directly for a P.M , it would be him or Tufton.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/Death-Plan_52403

Constitutional changes that would get the economy going.

* Electing your P.M directly

* A set election date

* MPS should live in their constituentcy

* Only the people vote can remove a MP or parlimentarian impeachment,not the party exec.

* The OCG with prosecutorial powers.

These speak to our progressive dynamic nature that will release our economic might,it instills confidence in self and leaders.It would kill the party system as we know it,where party comes 1st.
    Last edited by Sir X; February 21, 2016, 10:04 AM.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Its a shame what our constitution did to a bright mind like Tufton, imagine if he had the oppourtunity to run directly for the PM office , him and Peter , that would be a race.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Well what Peter will do as PM isn't left up to guessing,we Jakans are mostly worried about crime and the economy,still waiting on the verdict on how he did as the Minister of Security and is currently doing as the Minister of Finance.
      Sir X,Peter too is a backsliding politician,and I warned Portia to keep him away from pens.
      There is this divide that plagues our society,it is probably responsible for the lack of retention of knowledge,Peter will soon find out what Shaw knows,Peter's willful ignorance is costly to Jamaica.
      Tufton is miles ahead of the pack(he is a thinker),I am,however,still perturbed by how gullible he was regarding his battle with Holness,maybe it is something with the darn pens.

If we don not disband both parties then Tufton and Shaw would probably be the way to go.
      Peter has opened the door for discussions on why we should not stay the course(IMF),and hopefully the JLP will respond accordingly rather taking indirect jabs..

Comment

Originally posted by Sir X View Post
        allowed me to vote directly for a P.M , it would be him or Tufton.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/Death-Plan_52403

Constitutional changes that would get the economy going.

* Electing your P.M directly

* A set election date

* MPS should live in their constituentcy

* Only the people vote can remove a MP or parlimentarian impeachment,not the party exec.

* The OCG with prosecutorial powers.

These speak to our progressive dynamic nature that will release our economic might,it instills confidence in self and leaders.It would kill the party system as we know it,where party comes 1st.
        I don't see Hero living in his constituency. Maybe is just me.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Tufton??? NO!

Comment

Tufton is vastly overrated.

Comment

Him use to kotch deh!

Comment

Much more of a talker and a poser than a thinker.
                "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

So I've heard.

Comment

Nice person. And he married up!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Tufton is not good at the ground work. He is not a natural for that. He will do good discussing ideas and actually doing business but not a natural ground worker.
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Well it begs the question who would you vote for if you could vote to directly elect your PM ,because as we type Portia and Holness are party appointees that are scraping the bottom of the barrel that if they had to run independent of party support,couldn't carry their corna,their area or parish.

Comment

I don't think it would make any immediate difference in a Jamaican context, honestly. Other than a few communities in St Andrew where the "articulate minority" resides, its party machinery that makes the difference between winning and losing elections.

Whats makes the PNP better at winning than the JLP is grassroots organization. The people who do the political work in JA are those people. Middle class Jamaicans have not shown the inclination to do the hard work it takes to organize politically.

The rise and fall of the NDM is what convinced me of that. Bruce Golding had one of the safest seats in JA, he could not lose running as a JLP candidate. He went to NDM and got beat badly in the same seat, along with all the others who went NDM. Today, the PNP knowing that they can refuse to debate is another indication of that. The articulate minority who cares about debates are not enough to flip elections unless they are very close.

I would still support a change to the type of system you are advocating, just as I support debates, manifestos and other things that raise the level of political culture if done properly. But I wouldn't expect any fruits for maybe 2 or 3 election cycles.
                          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

I'm not sure if directly electing the PM is a better system. I'm open to convincing argument either way.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

It would break the party system, and that by itself would unleash a wave of confidence and progressiveness imagine if a Lee Chin,Butch,Christie,etc could run directly for the PM office, my view on change is about empowering the people and breaking the party system.The system no one can deny has been used to abuse its citizens and they have no way to fight back except in my view a revolution, there is no incentive for that system to reform itself. The put it graphically kill itself.

Jamaica I believe have a lot of intelligent patriots willing to give political service to the nation but refuse to because they are turned off by the party 1st criteria.

A leader beholden to no one but his record for re election,revolutionary in Jamaica.

Comment

Working...
                              X