Cory Booker for supreme court?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No chance at all
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Not just her, ANYbody who is seen to consistently lean left.

If you understand who Scalia was and what he represented you will understand why many Republicans/conservatives are willing to die on this hill defending his replacement, and they very well might do that where the Senate is concerned this election cycle. The US Supreme Court already has 4 judges who almost always take the liberal point of view. If another one was to replace the most conservative judge then it would guarantee them losses in every case with a political flavor to it for maybe a decade if not more. They are already losing more than they are winning as it is.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

And to think that Scalia was confirmed 98-0!

The Democrats at the time didn't see what was coming? Or did they just recognise a good jurist and leave partisan nonsense behind?

Listening to the Repugs, it appears they are saying the president should not have a say in this at all and the constitution should reflect this!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
          It s not about been good enough.
          I'm saying that's what the president can ask the Repugs if they reject her.

"You confirmed her for the AG position. Is she not good enough for the supreme court?"

So as not to look completely stupid, the Repugs will not consider anyone until after the election. Watch.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Based on what I heard is they basically had two choice, one was worst that Scalia so the President at the time went with the safe. Now imagine more conservative that Scalia.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

ok get it.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Probably ?
                THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

According to Wikipedia...

When Senate Judiciary Committee hearings on Scalia's nomination opened in August 1986, he faced a committee that had just argued divisively over the Rehnquist nomination. Witnesses and Democratic senators contended that, before becoming a judge, Rehnquist had engaged in activities designed to discourage minorities from voting. Committee members had little taste for a second battle over Scalia and were in any event reluctant to oppose the first Italian-American Supreme Court nominee. The judge was not pressed heavily on controversial issues such as abortion or civil rights.

Comment

Yes probably.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I would say go for a Sitting judge rather than the AG

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Yuh think that would ever happen again? These Repugs will battle until kingdom come. You'll never again see a unanimous decision in such a vote.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Not in our time. That was a very different era in US politics.

Comment

The Supreme Court Nomination is so important that I don't think any president would wait on any election. You may not have this opportunity for another decade to replace one of the most right wing judge with a left winger or centralist.

Comment

Well, what is very clear is that this president won't be allowed to replace him with a left winger.

Comment

Booker's hands are dripping wid wall street money........

Everyone has a price!
                                The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Working...
                                X