Clear All

• Boy, I have to look at Beyonce with

different eyes

Have you seen the Formation video?

HL, them goin seh yuh fraid har..

http://mic.com/articles/134633/calls...ial#.13dR7b5Me
    Peter R

She gets my total respect, clearly.

Yes, some say she's promoting her tour, that she sat on the sidelines and did nothing for years when all sorts of injustices occurred...matters not to me. Not everyone will become a Martin Luther King, but as long as you show a little more pride than a Michael Jordan, and realise that not because there are a thousand black millionaires in the USA means that we have arrived, that the struggle has ended. Oh, and we have a black president, so what is our problem??!

Well, they are many, and every one, especially with the power to effect change, to start a conversation, to influence minds, to nudge consciences, we all must see to it that the struggle continues, because it is real.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Did you like her "salute" to the Black Panthers, in her SB half-time performance, this being the 50th anniversary of the party & the game being played in the Bay Area, where they were formed???

Comment

I didn't see it but read about it, and saw the pics.

I'd say it was appropriate
        Peter R

Comment

She's smarter than I thought! The performance touched on everything, even paid homage to Michael Jackson.

You could view it for its social commentary or just good, plain booty-shaking entertainment.

YAY for Beyonce!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
          X