Walk good Maurice White

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walk good Maurice White

NEW YORK (AP) — Earth, Wind & Fire founder Maurice White, whose horn-driven band sold more than 90 million albums and made hits like "September," ''Shining Star" and "Boogie Wonderland," died Wednesday at his home in Los Angeles, his brother Verdine said.

White, who was 74, suffered from Parkinson's Disease and had retreated from the public even as the band he founded kept performing.
    http://bigstory.ap.org/article/0c54b...-white-dead-74
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

yeah man respect to Maurice. A musical legend.

RIP
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Yes .. RIP!
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

I just fixed up a disco playlist for a friend's spin class. Of course, Maurice White and EW&F featured prominently.

Thanks for the many Reasons!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIL2FkFiJhY
          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

September :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gs069dndIYk
            THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

As a teenager the best dance I ever experienced was a dance with a young lady to her favorite song "reasons". Never heard the song before but I never forgot it after that. It became my fave for many 'reasons'. RIP Mr. White. September would also become one of my faves. Respect sir. Dem nowadays bands use synths instead of real horns.

Comment

Can I tell you that Lets Groove and Seltember are little gamma's jams?!! No lie .... He grew up, excuse me, is growing up on a diet of that music! Gamette was put to bed by Coltrane and Charlie Parker you can believe that...

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

At one time, every dance in Jamaica closed with Reasons. If yuh never rent-a-tile before then, try rent one for that last dance.

Oh, those days...!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Poor kids! They're probably lost at school when their friends start talking about Nikki Minaj and Fetty Wap.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Likkle gamma said that to me once with nary a regret!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Nice!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

EWF is an excellent band. They are unique and cover a wide range.

When you talking about Reasons, you have to talk about the long live version with Donald Myrick on sax. Sad that Don met a tragic death.
                          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Those days were great. Many chunes had long versions with great instrumental sections. Reasons certainly is one!

"I'll Always Love My Mama" has long version of almost 10 minutes long!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

EWF is the definition of a super band. One of the groups I honestly wish I could have seen live in their prime.
                              "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Working...
                              X