The Brickism of America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Brickism of America

How would you feel if you realized your children's water was being poisoned, and your government didn't seem to care? That's the story of the parents of 8,000 mostly poor and black children in Flint, Mich., (which means most all of the children in urban Flint) that has finally hit our media front pages. The evening news I am watching as I write warns the parents of Flint not to bathe their young children in city water.

But the fact that most Americans realize this would never happen in affluent white Michigan suburbs (or any other white affluent communities in our country), still doesn't penetrate our very souls. This fundamental contrast between black and white experiences in Michigan, just north of my hometown of Detroit, points to the structural racism that is still the primary moral contradiction of American life. The news about Flint is just the most recent consequence of America's Original Sin, the title of the new book we have just launched.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jim-wa...ef=los-angeles
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Excellent!

If only Hortical and HL would pay attention to facts such as this -
    Racial ghettos, it must be said and understood, have never been an accident, but are the results of public policy. This is a necessarily short but accurate explanation for a very complex confluence of systems that together represent structural racism.
    - maybe they would think twice before they throw up crap about black on black crime in Chicago or anywhere else.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
      How would you feel if you realized your children's water was being poisoned, and your government didn't seem to care? That's the story of the parents of 8,000 mostly poor and black children in Flint, Mich., (which means most all of the children in urban Flint) that has finally hit our media front pages. The evening news I am watching as I write warns the parents of Flint not to bathe their young children in city water.

But the fact that most Americans realize this would never happen in affluent white Michigan suburbs (or any other white affluent communities in our country), still doesn't penetrate our very souls. This fundamental contrast between black and white experiences in Michigan, just north of my hometown of Detroit, points to the structural racism that is still the primary moral contradiction of American life. The news about Flint is just the most recent consequence of America's Original Sin, the title of the new book we have just launched.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jim-wa...ef=los-angeles
      Babylon Shitstem is a Vampiya...Even wata dem wudda deny wi given di chance
      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

They tried in Bolivia I believe,the neo liberals wanted to tax rain water.

http://www.pbs.org/frontlineworld/st.../thestory.html

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2000...bamba_protests

But all this speaks to a wider issue, of ignorance in not knowing or acknowledging the structures that we live in and how it affects us,The Brickism,where it benefits a few and some of us who are part of a racial or ethnic majority refuse to acknowledge it because it doesn't affect them,but life and the bible teaches us, such reasoning are cyclical in that,today for you,tomorrow for........

The struggle is real.It knows no boundaries,borders, class or creed.It permeates,water,air,music,food,laws, and media.
        THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

yuhseeit
          TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Working...
          X