X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bolt's Fast Rise can't outrun Brown Man Time

Usain Bolt Beating Classism And Racism In Jamaica

Published:Monday | January 25, 2016 | 6:19 AM

Usain Bolt says the "strong badmind" displayed by some members of Jamaica's upper class was contrasted by the positive reactions of ordinary Jamaicans.

Jamaica's sporting star Usain Bolt has admitted that he has faced "strong" levels of classism and racism from Jamaica's upper class throughout his rise as a global athletics icon. The multiple world and Olympic record holder recalled how he was left 'shocked' by the reactions of neighbours when he moved into an upscale St Andrew apartment complex.

"Especially when I started out. It was more shocking than anything else. That was how I ended up buying my house," Bolt told journalist Ian Boyne during the personality programme, Profile on Television Jamaica, Sunday.

"I was living in a complex and I had issues with a few of the lighter-skinned people. I used to live near a lawyer and when I moved in, he said to me 'be careful, they don't like to see young people strive,'."
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

I am shocked. Where is LKY when you need him. Just because him make 25 mill per year what makes you think you just live anywhere. Oh well Out of Many........... you know the rest.

Comment

The colonial shitstem.
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

which 20 year old party animal...regardless of class...colour...religion...would be welcomed in an uptown townhouse community?

Comment

A white-red-brown party animal perhaps?

Yuh ah look excuse fi di backward colour-conscious set....Not a good look

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

In his own words: Brick yuh ave serious socio- consciouss issues about race , class and color.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3...n-boyne_people

Seek the kingdom of Selassie.
            THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

colour or class...make up unnuh mind

Comment

ahmm...he also said he doesn't throw other women in his girlfriends face...yuh might want to take a look at his snapchat account...mouth mek fi talk

Comment

also in his own words: I used to live near a lawyer and when I moved in, he said to me 'be careful, they don't like to see YOUNG people strive...'

Comment

not black people...or country people...or ghetto people...YOUNG people...poor unnuh

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
                      colour or class...make up unnuh mind
                      In the warped minds of many of the White-Red-Brown Man Time set....it's all put together in a toxic stew

Comment

Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Bricky stop it nuh man. Oh I get it the gleaner is part of the conspiracy.

Comment

so Rudi...you goin tell me you work your whole life fi buy a $40 mil townhouse inna Norbrook...a 20 year old & his entourage move in beside you wit loud bike & music & partying...& yuh just goin soak it up...i don't think so...i would be the first to complain...

Comment

If i recall correctly there was some doubt as to UB doing the all the loud partying. Anyway the opinion was his I tend to think who feels it knows it. He never struck me as a whiner or complainer.

Comment

Working...
                              X