Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So is it true that reporter Ms. Mel McLaughlin asked someone

out on air?

If so, I would love to hear Mosiah's take on that? ..
    even if she did not would it then be A-OK if a lady did the asking? ...or for that matter the self-assured....?
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Video?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Delivered :

Buy you a drink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFQUNxp0fFo

You sexy man .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUQuggD5vEg
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

I know the two of unnu have more sense than that.

This father-son tag team reminds me of https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BULPSEt2q9Y

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

You asked for it , the video , our familial ties should have no bearing on the evidence , and attacking the message and messenger only leaves you looking like di bredda ova suh who affi mek up tings fi justify imself as relevant.
          THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
            You asked for it , the video , our familial ties should have no bearing on the evidence , and attacking the message and messenger only leaves you looking like di bredda ova suh who affi mek up tings fi justify imself as relevant.
            You're right, it shouldn't!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

First one is correct second one is not Mel but Nuala Hafner.

Comment

Thanks... I was about to post that correction (2nd video)... The lady even says :"Hi, I'm Nuala.." That's why sometimes I fully trust what X posts cause him don't check de "fine print" ...

The first one she was apologising when she said "I'll buy you a drink"... not exactly the same context as Gayle... but, bottom line is, we'd rather look for a "double standard" than ensure that our icons (Gayle) do the right thing!

And lest people misunderstand, I'm not against calling out double-standards where they exist...
                Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
                  Thanks... I was about to post that correction (2nd video)... The lady even says :"Hi, I'm Nuala.." That's why sometimes I fully trust what X posts cause him don't check de "fine print" ...

The first one she was apologising when she said "I'll buy you a drink"... not exactly the same context as Gayle... but, bottom line is, we'd rather look for a "double standard" than ensure that our icons (Gayle) do the right thing!

And lest people misunderstand, I'm not against calling out double-standards where they exist...
                  I think I'll have some red herring for breakfast!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Just can't figure out what is special about her eyes,and I am sure the 'beauty industry' would like to know so they could replicate so our sisters can start buying..
                    Sure they can't string Gayle to a tree as they would have done back in the days,today's lynching is more cleverly done.

Comment

Well, nowadays you don't know what is real and what isn't..she seems to have very light brown eyes, I'm just judging from the videos etc., but for all you know, those could be coloured contact lenses... they're out there for "sisters", or anyone else who wants to buy.

Clearly, Gayle's "lynching" is not warranted, but he has to acknowledge that his juvenile behaviour also has a part to play in the negative attention he brought on himself.
                      Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
                        Well, nowadays you don't know what is real and what isn't..she seems to have very light brown eyes, I'm just judging from the videos etc., but for all you know, those could be coloured contact lenses... they're out there for "sisters", or anyone else who wants to buy.

Clearly, Gayle's "lynching" is not warranted, but he has to acknowledge that his juvenile behaviour also has a part to play in the negative attention he brought on himself.
                        Gayle's lynching has allowed his detractors to focus away from his juvenile and inappropriate behaviour. Matters not how many times it has happened before or with whom, but it certainly did not deserve threats of life ban and all the rest.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Duck and hide all you wish! ...but the question remains->

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                          Video?
                          even if she did not would it then be A-OK if a lady did the asking? ...or for that matter the self-assured....?
                          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Hmmmm, semantics. Well Mel said she accepts Gayle's apology and would like to move on. There endeth

Comment

It would not be A-OK, but it would be different.

Class assignment: Why would it be different if a lady did the asking?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                              X